Week 2: Colts at Packers - The Malik Willis Show

packfanfb

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

They scored this as being Hurts' fault, not Johnsons. The play was wonky. Gary still made the play (although he should have went for the ball and stripped him), but I don't think anyone would watch this and say Johnson "gave up a sack here."

So Johnson gets a free pass here, and the sack is supposed to be on Hurts?  That doesn't make any sense to me.  How long did it take Gary to get to Hurts?  Maybe 2 seconds?  From a stats perspective, I wouldn't think the play being wonky would have any relevance.

41 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

The media and lots of people on this board are acting like GB is putting a defenseless child out at QB.

He hasn't started a game since he was a rookie and as we all know - players can get better.

Will it be pretty or up to our standard at QB? Probably not. Can he win the game? Absolutely.

Willis will also have a lot better weapons than he had when he started those games for Tennessee. Tennessee's best WR then was a way-past-his-prime Robert Woods. Their best player by far was Derrick Henry, but he's never been much in the passing game. 

Edited by Brat&Beer

1 hour ago, GHARMON9 said:

Our DT, Wyatt was in the neutral zone and the play should have been blown dead. But yeah I guess. Technically he should get credit for it. 

Well it happened though. Its not like a pass with clear OPI that didnt get called gets erased from the universe. It was a missed call they happen all the time and the stats count. Everyone agrees it shouldve been called, it wasnt, still counts.

Best thing i can think of is if they do want to load the box, the screen game is working, and MLF can draw up some crossers. If we get 50% passing itd look basically like the eagles game. Little more complete game for the Defense and this is a win. Sheeeeit. Easy W.

FR tho defensively im a little torn. Do we sit Slaton in front of Nelson and hope for a stalemate there? In the end i think we gotta put best on best Clark on Nelson and rely on a kenny bounce back. Need Wyatt/Slaton to win vs Fries + kelly consistently. The OTs are solid but our DEs need to be better how weve invested there. 

Edited by HighCalebR

16 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

One of the cardinal rules of football is that you keep playing until you hear the whistle. Gary did. For a moment, Lane Johnson didn't. 

Right. Gary definitely deserves credit for the sack. Does Johnson deserve credit for giving up a sack? Idk. As a fan, I really wouldn't care because I'm not worried about my OT giving up a sack when he never even got his hands on the guy. Basically, every snap where Johnson got his hands on Gary, it was over. 

58 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

They scored this as being Hurts' fault, not Johnsons. The play was wonky. Gary still made the play (although he should have went for the ball and stripped him), but I don't think anyone would watch this and say Johnson "gave up a sack here."

i don't understand.

why wouldn't this be Johnson's fault?

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i don't understand.

why wouldn't this be Johnson's fault?

That's how PFF said they scored it, idk. They scored Johnson as not giving up any sacks (or pressures). 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

That's how PFF said they scored it, idk. They scored Johnson as not giving up any sacks (or pressures). 

Yeah, I get that you are just the messenger.  How PFF scored that play kind of sums up my distaste for PFF in general.  Fans tend to quote PFF scores as if they are gospel, but there are no shortage of plays like this one where the PFF interpretation of what happened makes no sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lodestar said:

Three defensive starters for Indy, plus the CB who went on IR earlier this week

Sets up well for our young, inexperienced QB.  At the same time, us having the young, inexperienced QB is just the medicine that the hobbled Colts need to get a win with the unit that they are forced to field this early.  So far, it is shaping up like last season.  We can beat anyone, but nobody is shaking in their boots because they have to play the Packers.

25 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

you said "I don't know how anyone could watch this and say Johnson gave up a sack here"

I don't understand at all.

I watched it and it look BEYOND obvious that Johnson gave up a sack there.

I'm wondering what context there is that would make someone think Johnson didn't give up a sack?

Just now, incognito_man said:

you said "I don't know how anyone could watch this and say Johnson gave up a sack here"

I don't understand at all.

I watched it and it look BEYOND obvious that Johnson gave up a sack there.

I'm wondering what context there is that would make someone think Johnson didn't give up a sack?

If I felt like being an *** (which I do) I might suggest that maybe PFF determined it was a gimmick play and decided to throw it out.

• Like 1