What is the toughest playoff path a team has ever taken to a Super Bowl Championship?

DigInBoys

40 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

So not the Chiefs because they faced notorious chokers the 49ers - but you name the Rams' run because they faced the 49ers lol.

6 straight loses. It’ll be like the Niners beating them. But we ain’t no chokers big dawg. 

5 hours ago, El Ramster said:

No way. Playoff Lamar and 85% of the bills defense was injured. That’s just not true one bit. One of the weakest SBs runs since the loaded pats teams imo. Not to mention that they faced the Niners who are notorious for choking.. The Giants playoff run was unreal. Beating the packers at Lambo!??! Hakeem the dream coming thru. Man I remember watching that run on my small 15 inch TV back in the day lol. 

Rodgers Packers choked all the time though 😂

• Like 1

I don't remember who the '07 Giants played besides the Patriots, but I always thought the '12 Ravens went through a gauntlet outside of their opening game against the Luck Colts.

They had to beat the Manning Broncos, Brady Patriots, then the prime Kaepernick 49ers in the Superbowl.

And, unlike the '23 Chiefs, none of those teams literally just beat themselves for 4 quarters.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

2011 Giants run was tough too.  You had a very good Falcons team who finished 10-6 that year, but were 13-3 the year before and after.  15-1 Packers led by Rodgers who had one of the best seasons you'll ever see, stats don't even do it justice.  You finish your NFC run with the 2011 49ers, who were in the beginning of their fantastic 3-year stretch and made it to the Super Bowl the next year.  Then of course they have to play the 13-3 Patriots, who are more motivated than ever to avenge what happened years before.

2007 Giants run might still be better just because of how damn good the '07 Pats were, but the '07 Bucs are way worse than any team from the '11 Giants run.  

The '07 Cowboys team that the Giants went through was the best Romo era Dallas team, too. They were forgotten a bit with the Pats going undefeated and the Colts being nearly as good, but they would have been the best team in the NFL on a more normal season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't remember who the '07 Giants played besides the Patriots, but I always thought the '12 Ravens went through a gauntlet outside of their opening game against the Luck Colts.

They had to beat the Manning Broncos, Brady Patriots, then the prime Kaepernick 49ers in the Superbowl.

And, unlike the '23 Chiefs, none of those teams literally just beat themselves for 4 quarters.

The giants face the 13-3 Cowboys and 13-3 Packers on the road in 2007....They were underdog by around 7 points in both of those game

Its a bit of an odd premise because almost by default, playing four playoff games instead of three is going to be more difficult regardless of the competition in most cases.

So since the playoff format expanded and only one team gets a bye in each conference, the odds of a four game Super Bowl run go up (although they used to happen a fair bit anyways)

Then everyone was up in arms about a 17 game regular season too - so then you add that to the mix, its more difficult to stay healthy and almost by definition, more difficult to win it all

6 hours ago, El Ramster said:

At that time? Either way pats >>>>> chiefs 

the giants started that trend 

Like for almost all of Rodgers career they choked. 😂 

what does the Pats have to do with anything at all😂🤣

niners>>>>>Rams, so there