Let's talk the CMC injury

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, Apparition said:

smartass...

I mean if it's a bone spur or something like that, it'll require surgery

Oh god not the Eric Berry thing again. I wish that on nobody, the only way to fix that is to purposefully tear the Achilles to remove the spur. 

Edited by Chiefer
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Nah CMC does matter to an extent. Whether it’s getting a key first down that another RB wouldn’t get, or picking up a key block, or whatever - he’s a playmaker. He does make things happen, and as far as RB’s value goes, he’s right up there. 

It is true that most NFL calibre RBs can thrive in Shanny’s system, but CMC will eventually matter. 

The main thing CMC does imo is he opens the playbook up completely and lets Shanny get more creative. He is a weapon at every level of the offense that you have to account for and changes how you do everything on defense. Definitely a big loss for the Niner even if they can overcome it.

• Like 2

I don't think his absence will make a difference against like 80% of the teams in the NFL. 49ers are still too talented and too well-coached, they'll still win most of the time against most of the league.

I'd be more concerned for if this means anything long term. They just restructured/extended his contract. Having all their weapons intact becomes far more important when the talent gap narrows heavily in the postseason. And I don't know about the specific injury necessarily, but seeing the word "achilles" at all in regards to an injury to a RB in his late 20s doesn't feel great.

• Like 1

Just now, Jakuvious said:

I'd be more concerned for if this means anything long term. They just restructured/extended his contract. Having all their weapons intact becomes far more important when the talent gap narrows heavily in the postseason. And I don't know about the specific injury necessarily, but seeing the word "achilles" at all in regards to an injury to a RB in his late 20s doesn't feel great.

Been thinking about this the most since monday