2024 WEEK 2 | vs Atlanta (MNF)

Kiltman

New team same start to the season for Kirk Coupons, 3rd year in a row he’s laid in front of the Eagles crowd in prime time early in the season.

Eagles had a sloppy game south of the equator, but still managed to score 34 points thanks to most of the stars like Saquon, AJ and Smitty stepping up. Come home to try and build momentum with another conference win.

saquon.jpg?w=1080

After a home loss to Justin Fields and the Steelers, the Falcons make their way to Philadelphia on Monday Night to try and course correct.

Kirk-Cousins.jpg?resize=150

• Like 1

14 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

Sell out against Robinson and Pitts.

Make Cousins/London/Mooney beat you.

This should be the gameplan - I would attack Cousins because he showed last week that he's not even close to 100% healthy. Make him move, put him on the ground, keep the pressure on him and I think we'll be alright. 

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

This should be the gameplan - I would attack Cousins because he showed last week that he's not even close to 100% healthy. Make him move, put him on the ground, keep the pressure on him and I think we'll be alright. 

I didn't see him last week. He's moving slow or what was he doing that may be caused by his Achilles? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I didn't see him last week. He's moving slow or what was he doing that may be caused by his Achilles? 

He is moving slow and he looks like he can't drive off his back leg while throwing. He wasn't 100% last week, it will likely take him some time to get fully healthy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

He is moving slow and he looks like he can't drive off his back leg while throwing. He wasn't 100% last week, it will likely take him some time to get fully healthy.

Hopefully at least one more week. We've had good victories against him lately more throughout his career he has carved us. 

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

Hopefully at least one more week. We've had good victories against him lately more throughout his career he has carved us. 

Agreed. I think Fangio should have a plan to get after him a bit. Baun looked great blitzing and that has always been one of Dean's strengths. I'd expect to see pressure from the LB's and stacking the box on first/second down. Dare Kirk to try and go deep.

• Like 1

Starts and stops with Bijan! We gave up 160+ on the ground last week. If Bijan gets those same exact running lanes, he's taking several to the house. 

I like that we are Primetime Kirk Cousins. However let's not forget we got beat deep on several chunk plays. Pitts was actually targeted last week. We struggle vs TE or at least use too? 

As mentioned above, getting pressure and hitting Kirk as much as possible is key. If he has all day to throw, we probably lose. 

Jalen needs to take care of the football.  No dumb *** TO. Take the easy check downs , get the ball to playmaker, let them RAC. Don't keep looking for chunk plays. Get Saquon 20+ touches again. See where the cards fall.

18 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I get the sense this is going to end up like the all the wins we've had for the last year. We get the W but it's a sloppy game and we walk away not really feeling good about it.

I don't Art. It was week 1. Not only week 1 but traveling to Brazil. Playing a very good team. Zero preseason reps for the majority of the 22 starters.

I'm actually surprised guven the above we put up 400+ yds of offense and 34pts. 

If that is going to be our version of a bad game offensively,  sign me up for 30+pts a gm this season.

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

Let's see how/if he progresses. I was skeptical of him, given his career so far and the fact that he's replacing our best (at the time?) defensive player. 

But if this gamble doesn't pay off, we're going to be in a lot of trouble defensively.