2024 WEEK 2 | vs Atlanta (MNF)

Kiltman

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Coaches made Barkley drop that? 

Coaches made a number of questionable decisions tonight. We also have underperformed and haven’t had a convincing win since 2022. After a nearly unprecedented collapse last year, hiring a couple of castoff coordinators didn’t give me any reason to be optimistic. Even if we did win this game, this team is still way too flawed to be a serious contender.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

They could have ran the ball, but they didn’t, and it was an easy pitch and catch.

It was 100% the correct play call

wide open in his hands for the first down. I’d understand if Barkley was covered or if the play broke down

But it worked. Wide open. Players need to make plays

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I know it's early but man I just do not see this Eagles team doing anything this year. It's just that same loser vibe honestly. Like who didn't think Jalen wasn't gonna throw an int at the end there? It's just a loser team straight up.

It’s hero ball at that point, you can’t take a sack and you have to force it downfield. Im not a huge Jalen guy but he put them in the portion to win and was letdown. 

2 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Coaches made a number of questionable decisions tonight. We also have underperformed and haven’t had a convincing win since 2022. After a nearly unprecedented collapse last year, hiring a couple of castoff coordinators didn’t give me any reason to be optimistic. Even if we did win this game, this team is still way too flawed to be a serious contender.

Coaches made the right decision when it mattered - the playcall was right and he dropped it. 

Saquon catches that and the narrative is different. 

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

Part of me feels like Saquon would've ripped off a first down run on that big 3rd down. I think the call should have been a run. Saquon drop was the losing factor though.

You're making excuses!!!! Saquon catches that ball 97x out of 100! 

This conversation is mute at that point.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Exactly! 

Jalen did enough. Saquon did enough. 

You can not give up a 70-80yd TD drive in 1:05 seconds to lose the game. Period MF point blank!!!!

Saquon didn’t do enough

he he dropped the ball losing the game

had the defense played well at all this game?

players need to make plays. Saquon catches it time runs out. The fact that this is a debate shows how much fans pick and choose who they criticize

imagine if jalen had thrown a pick in that moment or if he had fumbled the snap

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

It’s hero ball at that point, you can’t take a sack and you have to force it downfield. Im not a huge Jalen guy but he put them in the portion to win and was letdown. 

They had a timeout and what around 30 seconds. Needed like 15 yards. A lot of NFL quarterbacks lead their team to a FG attempt in that situation. Jalen played a great game but he does what he did there a lot in those situations. Back against the wall with like 30 seconds he usually throws a pick.

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Coaches made the right decision when it mattered - the playcall was right and he dropped it. 

Saquon catches that and the narrative is different. 

It’s blowing my mind this is even a discussion.

Longer term discussions are different but that was the right play call, the right time, and saquon came up short

it was a losing play

it was no different than a turnover in that spot. A FG kept it a 1 possession game.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

They had a timeout and what around 30 seconds. Needed like 15 yards. A lot of NFL quarterbacks lead their team to a FG attempt in that situation. Jalen played a great game but he does what he did there a lot in those situations. Back against the wall with like 30 seconds he usually throws a pick.

Jalen led the game ending drive and threw the game ending pass

saquon dropped it

its weird how many fans like can’t accept this

On 9/11/2024 at 11:53 AM, Art_Vandalay said:

I get the sense this is going to end up like the all the wins we've had for the last year. We get the W but it's a sloppy game and we walk away not really feeling good about it.

From page 1. Even if Saquon catches it, y’all are still feeling good about this team? The overall talent makes up for the lackluster coaching but it makes the ceiling lower. The best case scenario for this team is a wildcard appearance.