2024 WEEK 2 | vs Atlanta (MNF)

Kiltman

Just now, Last Stand said:

Look I’m all for being mad at the team, and I’m all for pointing out flaws, but let’s not act like there’s 8 teams that just look the part and the eagles are a disaster

the lions just got bent over in Detroit 

purdy looked awful in minnesota

New Orleans and Houston have been standouts.

It’s clearly still preseason all around the nfl right now

The problem is the collapse last year. I could buy this if what happened last year didn't happen... but it did.

If the Eagles want the fans to forget what happened they have to play good football. They clearly aren't doing that right now.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

This defense looks like the worst in the league. That's my honest assessment. And you can't win with that. This team is staring 1-3 straight in the eyes. 

Lol

whos playing well right now?

the defensive line concerns me for sure. But the league looks bad top to bottom.

the cowboys just hung up a 40 burger in Dallas.

The ravens are 0-2

I genuinely feel the insular nature of this conversation is misguided 

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The conversation just would have been the defense sucks to be fair. And that still should be the conversation.

Absolutely- the defense sucks, but we lost that game because of the drop. The coaches and QB called the right play and the star RB failed to execute. That’s why we lost. 

It’s not like he was leveled trying to catch the ball, nor was there any threat of anyone. He dropped it. To pay a RB that much money and to have them fail in that moment deserves some accountability. 

2 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Yeah, the conversation will be the same it’s been for the last year. A win is a win but they’re showing the same problems as last year.

In this moment the conversation would’ve been different. If Saquon catches that we’re still having some of this conversations but the entire narrative around it is different. 

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

Absolutely- the defense sucks, but we lost that game because of the drop. The coaches and QB called the right play and the star RB failed to execute. That’s why we lost. 

It’s not like he was leveled trying to catch the ball, nor was there any threat of anyone. He dropped it. To pay a RB that much money and to have them fail in that moment deserves some accountability. 

Anybody that is complaining about anything but that drop, idk…. I love Barkley but we gotta call a spade a spade. Amazing playcall but our best player just missed a wide open layup. 

Just now, Last Stand said:

Lol

whos playing well right now?

the defensive line concerns me for sure. But the league looks bad top to bottom.

the cowboys just hung up a 40 burger in Dallas.

The ravens are 0-2

I genuinely feel the insular nature of this conversation is misguided 

No defense in the league would've given up that 70 yard drive in a minute. I'm very confident in that. This is the kind of loss that wrecks a team and a locker room. Might be best off if it does. The sky is falling after this one.

Just now, Scalamania said:

Not really. You can try and just pin the loss on Barkley but it wouldn't make it true.

That doesn't mean that drop is excusable. It isn't. We still gave up a TD in a blink of an eye right after that. If the defense gets a stop after that did Barkley still lose us the game?

Again not excusing the drop. He has to catch it, but it is a team game and right now the Eagles as a team clearly are not good enough.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Not really. You can try and just pin the loss on Barkley but it wouldn't make it true.

That doesn't mean that drop is excusable. It isn't. We still gave up a TD in a blink of an eye right after that. If the defense gets a stop after that did Barkley still lose us the game?

Again not excusing the drop. He has to catch it, but it is a team game and right now the Eagles as a team clearly are not good enough.

It was literally on Barkley. There’s no need to try. If he catches it the games actually over

not esoterically over, not hypothetically

actually

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

He catches it the games over - there’s not really anything left to be said. It’s a bad drop by a running back we paid top dollar for. 

We can play the what if or what should’ve been game with the defense and the offense at the end but if Saquon catches the ball the game is over. That’s a fact. 

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

he played average outside of the plays with his legs. If the name on the back of his jersey said "Prescott" you would say he played mid at best.

Good thing we can include the plays he made with his legs lmfao. He played a good game. Before the Barkley drop he was 22/27 with 270 all purpose yards and 2 TD's. I am not calling that average sorry.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

he played average outside of the plays with his legs. If the name on the back of his jersey said "Prescott" you would say he played mid at best.

If his name on the back was anything but Hurts, you'd be acknowledging,  This loss IS NOT ON HIM!!! 

But be you you Jeezla!

Just now, Scalamania said:

He catches it the games over - there’s not really anything left to be said. It’s a bad drop by a running back we paid top dollar for. 

We can play the what if or what should’ve been game with the defense and the offense at the end but if Saquon catches the ball the game is over. That’s a fact. 

I mean you will never catch me saying otherwise. I have said the exact same. I just don't agree with pointing the finger at Saquon and saying it is all his fault when the team clearly had many other issues.

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

In this moment the conversation would’ve been different. If Saquon catches that we’re still having some of this conversations but the entire narrative around it is different. 

I’m flabbergasted this is even a conversation

If Jalen had fumbled the ball there, and the falcons had recovered it I’m convinced this conversation would be different

its black and white

catch it game over

it’s not well if sirianni had kicked the FG 3 quarters ago maybe possibly we wouldn’t be in this position