Thursday Night Football: Bills (1-0) @ Dolphins (1-0)

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Bills
    • Dolphins
    • I just hope everyone has fun

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/13/2024 at 12:00 AM

10 hours ago, Broncofan said:

A few thoughts:

-BUF D is nowhere near the same unit as before.    Both safeties gone,  Milano out.   The D operates via Milano and the safeties.   The only reason ARI didn't score more (outside of a missed read on Marvin Harrison Jr for a TD) was the wind basically neutered the pass O for 2/4 quarters (worked for both teams, not talking about who should have won, but why the ARI O didn't go HAM).   

-MIA losing their 2 best RB's does hurt where they could exploit BUF the most....but they still have Waddle/Tyreek.   Waddle's a zone buster, I already bet on him at close to opening, but I think both thrive.    

-BUF's commitment to run more and use James Cook as both a receiver and runner should help to try and keep the MIA off the field and the Bills D more fresh.    The interesting part is that Jalen Ramsey isn't afraid to shadow, but unsure who he'd take out.   Khalil Shakir IMO is by far the best WR of the group, and he has an absolute killer matchup vs. the MIA slot CB.   If Ramsey takes Shakir out, then you look to the other BUF WR's.  

-Josh Allen can't turn it over, given the need to protect his D.    If he doesn't, his legs & arms are such a mismatch for MIA.

If this was a SUN game, I'd hope we see a shootout, albeit with more running than I think ppl are expecting (overall trend to use more running).   Short week, MIA missing Mostert and Achane iffy (GTD).....please, let this be a fun O night for TNF. 

P.S.   If we could get some TD's from MIA's FB Ingold (fun fact - even with Jeff Wilson dressed last week, Ingold was the short-yardage RB, and went 3/3 in converting 1st downs <GL vulture time???> & BUF's GL back Ray Davis, that would be swell too.  😁

Are MIA’s two RBs definitely out then?

also If I were a Fins fan I’d be worried about Ramsey being in the wash protocol. Got roasted last week and has done a few times in the last 7 or so games he’s played in. He’s 30 now right? 

If Achane is out, that’s a bit of a blow for Miami. He actually led targets last week didn’t he? Or at least he was up there. They couldn’t run the ball at all. But their they moved chains with dump offs, flares, screens etc to Achane. 

Taron being out for Buffalo is a killer. What a depleted defense already. He’s a good NB/CB. Would be really handy with Hill on the field.

my prediction is that Miami’s WRs will cook, Allen will cook and potentially Cook will cook. 

Mia - 33

Buf - 28

7 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I believe McDaniel can make Wilson a 1200 yard/4 YPC back in this league. Homie just needs a chance, and to stay healthy. Mmmmhmmm.

Is he running the same system as Shanny or have you seen something differently? He seems to attack deeper. 

Tua is 1-6 against the Bills

Josh Allen is 10-2, 11-2 if you count the playoffs against Miami, and 5 times he was the player of the week. 

If Miami doesn’t win this game it will be hella demoralizing.

The Bills are just as good as they were last year, for whatever that’s worth. Taron Johnson is a big loss, but Cam Lewis was excellent in replacing him Sunday.

39 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Tua is 1-6 against the Bills

Josh Allen is 10-2, 11-2 if you count the playoffs against Miami, and 5 times he was the player of the week. 

If Miami doesn’t win this game it will be hella demoralizing.

The Bills are just as good as they were last year, for whatever that’s worth. Taron Johnson is a big loss, but Cam Lewis was excellent in replacing him Sunday.

Easy for McD to point out all the injuries if they do lose.  #1 RB out.  #2 RB dinged badly and may not play.  #3/#4/#5 WRs all out.  Starting OG out.  Chubb still out.  Ramsey trying to gut it out through a hammy injury (looked rough in Week 1, probably should rest it).

It's weak to point to injuries, even if it is only week 2.  But that likely would take away any demoralizing nature by itself.  

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

Is he running the same system as Shanny or have you seen something differently? He seems to attack deeper. 

I haven't watched the Dolphins extensively. So I'm not sure what McDaniel has changed in the run game. I'm just thinking of Wilson's time as a 49er when McDaniel was there on staff. Wilson isn't special, but he can probably be a standard 1K/4YPC back. 

20 hours ago, Soko said:

Kinda torn. Normally if it’s even semi-close, I roll with the home team for TNF. Plus it’s Miami outside the cold. But it’s also winning team Buffalo + no Mostert, questionable Achane. I’ll circle back.

Gonna go with Miami. Think the TNF home, warm weather mojo outweighs the record vs winning teams mojo.

That, and I think with no Johnson + a hobbled Achane, this is poised to be a voluminous passing attack that I’m not sure Buffalo’s going to slow down. Josh goes super saiyan, but we all know that that’s the double edged sword of his game.