Week 2 GDT: Jets @ Titans

51 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I know the team>>one player, but I'd be pissed if we turned to Rudolph anytime soon. There's zero future there. I'd rather let Levis burn the entire thing down before turning to Rudolph. If we're drafting a QB in April, so be it.

Going through this thread in one go after the game was a wild ******* ride, lol

Why the **** are any of you surprised that Levis is still making lots of mistakes, the roster isn’t all the way there, and that we’re 0-2. Did you seriously expect us not to be?

Titans have a brutal schedule, a ton of player turnover (which historically takes a while to gel), and a staff full of newbies.

We don’t look like world beaters but there’s literally no reason to bench Levis this season or to start calling for Callahan’s head already. It achieves nothing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Going through this thread in one go after the game was a wild ******* ride, lol

Why the **** are any of you surprised that Levis is still making lots of mistakes, the roster isn’t all the way there, and that we’re 0-2. Did you seriously expect us not to be?

Titans have a brutal schedule, a ton of player turnover (which historically takes a while to gel), and a staff full of newbies.

We don’t look like world beaters but there’s literally no reason to bench Levis this season or to start calling for Callahan’s head already. It achieves nothing.

Yeah maybe you want to watch the same offense we have for the past 20+ years, but I dont. So when I see this conservative garbage playcalling Im gonna call it out and blame the person responsible. You know, the one that said we were going to be different.

I don't mind as much if it doesnt work, but to not even try to be different is cringe.

3 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Yeah maybe you want to watch the same offense we have for the past 20+ years, but I dont. So when I see this conservative garbage playcalling Im gonna call it out and blame the person responsible. You know, the one that said we were going to be different.

I don't mind as much if it doesnt work, but to not even try to be different is cringe.

You ever notice his play calling gets conservative when Levis gets bad, he doesn’t trust Levi’s. 

I will say I am hugely optimistic in the OL. Skoronski and Latham were way better this week. Radunz took a big step backward, but it seems like even NPF was better.

If elder Callahan does in fact work his magic on our two first rounders, we could be very close to actually having a good OL. And if we get there this season, it’ll make a big difference.

Levis was the same as last week. He’s like the QB version of a bend but don’t break defense. Just dumb stuff at the worst possible time, but solid otherwise.

6 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Zach Lyons just read this stat on the radio.

We ran 10 pass plays on first for 2.4 yards per average

We ran 16 run plays on first for 3.9 yards per average.

I think Levis being erratic and untrustworthy is the reason why we are seeing more run than pass. And ideally average 2nd and 6 isn’t a bad place to be.  

it is extremely obvious. that plus the OL still taking time to gel in pass pro makes for more running than we'd probably like to see. i have my issues with callahan's playcalling here and there (that jet sweep to pollard on one of our failed second half third downs made me want to yell) but the overall run/pass splits are so far from the biggest issue. this is not the houston game from last year when we were getting like a yard per play on first downs and smashing it up the gut every time anyway, and both the numbers and eye test bear that out.

Edited by -Hope-
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I will say I am hugely optimistic in the OL. Skoronski and Latham were way better this week. Radunz took a big step backward, but it seems like even NPF was better.

we'll see what the all-22 looks like but latham with no pressures and being generally invisible in pass pro today seems like a significant silver lining. that said, the jets were pretty poor rushing the passer last week and lost their best rusher late in the game this week- it might just be a weakness of their team.

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

it is extremely obvious. that plus the OL still taking time to gel in pass pro makes for more running than we'd probably like to see. i have my issues with callahan's playcalling here and there (that jet sweep to pollard on one of our failed second half third downs made me want to yell) but the overall run/pass splits are so far from the biggest issue. this is not the houston game from last year when we were getting like a yard per play on first downs and smashing it up the gut every time anyway, and both the numbers and eye test bear that out.

Bingo you can’t see a change in offense if the QB can’t make simple reads & make plays & the OL can’t hold up as well in pass pro. Everything has to synch, we’re handicapped to bad OL, erratic QB play, & WR’s long in the tooth struggling to separate more so than play calling 

12 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Zach Lyons just read this stat on the radio.

We ran 10 pass plays on first for 2.4 yards per average

We ran 16 run plays on first for 3.9 yards per average.

I think Levis being erratic and untrustworthy is the reason why we are seeing more run than pass. And ideally average 2nd and 6 isn’t a bad place to be.  

Need some context here. At least three of those first down passes were designed busted screens. One was the pick that Burks got abused like a child on, and another three were on the last drive of the game.

Jets were gashing us in the run game, but somehow they still attempted more passes than us. We averaged less than 3.5 yards a carry from runningbacks, but yet we still decide to run it into the brick wall. Vrabel nonsense all over again. At least he had the excuse of having a HOF'er in the backfield.