BDL 2024 Week 2: Lancaster Werewolves @ Cancun Kaiju

RedGold

Who wins?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lancaster Werewolves
    • Cancun Kaiju

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/2024 at 04:01 AM

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Correct - my question is specific to defense and defense only. Not sure how Blue feels about the offensive side.

Blue’s thoughts on the offensive side are that if we switched skill players with Lancaster for this game, I would get crucified for how I’m wasting Mahomes by not giving him any weapons to work with

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

Blue’s thoughts on the offensive side are that if we switched skill players with Lancaster for this game, I would get crucified for how I’m wasting Mahomes by not giving him any weapons to work with

This isn’t a knock on @rackcs or @MikeT14 by the way, and if either of you would like proof of that, ask me how I know having Josh Reynolds as Mahomes’ No. 2 receiver gets zero respect 

17 hours ago, SirA1 said:

I think with both teams wanting to grind it out this will be a low scoring affair. Teams are evening matched but I like Lancaster's D to make that crucial last stop.

Werewoofs 17 - 13

I agree this is not the Cancun match-up of last week where it was an offensive shootout win. I don't think this Lancaster team is positioned offensively to light up Cancun with a currently questionable WR core (Chase still seems to be warming up to me and I don't trust Keon Coleman at all). 

I like what Lancaster is doing gameplan wise, but if we are predicting a team to only score 13 points I am really hard pressed to think this Mahomes led team, with Metcalf and Olave that looked impressive in week 2. I do think the gameplan from Cancun correlates to a much lower scoring game from them, but I still think this team can score 17+ points. My vote is a very close win by Cancun.

Cancun wants to go run heavy and frankly, I don't think it works here.  Lancaster has a nice front and while the left side of Cancuns line is definitely up to par, Dotson looked like he was playing through the injury and wasn't himself and Walker is just ok as a run blocker but he is certainly an upgrade over Broderick Jones, as is defensively with Watson over McCollum

Overall i think both teams struggle offensively but I think the DL makes one splash play late with no mention of any chips on Watt all game and I think Gibbs makes one catch and run TD (there's really not a mention on how there's any combat of that if he goes to where Chase started, it's one missed tackle and gone) .  Neither team wants to make a mistake so it easily could go either way.  

Give me Lancaster 16-14

Lancaster Werewolves  16 @ Cancun Kaiju 21

Maybe its just me but I started lol for real alone at my computer reading Cancun's defensive plan, I felt like they stole Lancaster's playbook and then went to work. Really nice plan if I didn't respect Chase as a playmaker so much this game could have been a much bigger point differential. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Blue said:

why would I chip block when I have two of the 5 best pass blocking tackles in the league

I'm going to respectfully disagree

However....

Maybe you should ask yourself that cause you benched "one of the top 5 pass blockers in the league"  last week  

27 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I'm going to respectfully disagree

However....

Maybe you should ask yourself that cause you benched "one of the top 5 pass blockers in the league"  last week  

Oh, so PFF is a credible source when you want to trash my players but suddenly you “respectfully disagree” when it suits you? How convenient.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

Oh, so PFF is a credible source when you want to trash my players but suddenly you “respectfully disagree” when it suits you? How convenient.

Oh, if we are PFFing it, he's the 19th best  pass blocker for tackles this season 

• Like 1

Just now, bcb1213 said:

Oh, if we are PFFing it, he's the 19th best  pass blocker for tackles this season 

He was 4th this week playing on a normal field instead of whatever garbage Brazil has

(this is the only 100% serious post of this exchange, that field was terrible)

4 hours ago, InjuredReserve said:

I agree this is not the Cancun match-up of last week where it was an offensive shootout win. I don't think this Lancaster team is positioned offensively to light up Cancun with a currently questionable WR core (Chase still seems to be warming up to me and I don't trust Keon Coleman at all). 

I like what Lancaster is doing gameplan wise, but if we are predicting a team to only score 13 points I am really hard pressed to think this Mahomes led team, with Metcalf and Olave that looked impressive in week 2. I do think the gameplan from Cancun correlates to a much lower scoring game from them, but I still think this team can score 17+ points. My vote is a very close win by Cancun.

Let it be known. That I am the hero that started this Cancun comeback. It was my faith. Please no one tell the Lancaster guys.

• Like 1

Man, that Cancun offense. Man, that Lancaster defense.

To start, I'd like to point out just how absurd it is that Cancun would bench a CB as elite as Zyon McCollum, who practically shut down the Lions on his own and was almost solely responsible for the win. I'm deducting serious performance projections here. Awful gameplanning.

Despite this monumental deduction, I think the Cancun offense is just too good in this one, and the defense is good enough to do enough to keep Cancun on top.

Give me Cancun in a 27-24 classic.