Bears at Colts 9/22 Noon Game On CBS

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

I knew after the first game last year, same this year. One constant = Eberflus & Poles. Definitely not Caleb's fault.

Hoge had a good point.  If you (Flus) are going to be on Hard Knocks looking all involved in offense and having private meetings with Caleb about how to play QB then you get blame for offense being bad too.

Maybe start sitting in some of those OL meetings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Hoge had a good point.  If you (Flus) are going to be on Hard Knocks looking all involved in offense and having private meetings with Caleb about how to play QB then you get blame for offense being bad too.

Maybe start sitting in some of those OL meetings.

He is out of his league, he is not an NFL caliber head coach...

Edited by dafreak

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

It seems a lot of guys are good or great coaches until they come to Chicago and then they aren't.

Weird.  

Great D coordinator, ****ty head coach. Too easy on players, no accountability. Blame Poles.

Edited by dafreak
  • Like 1

Weirdly enough, I'm not out on Flus or even Waldron yet this year.... I'd have fired Flus last year, but only to fully clear out the staff with the new QB coming in.

Waldron's system has worked with Seattle. We saw it work with a QB that frankly has far less talent than Caleb does.  Hindsight is showing us that Kubiak was the better hire BY FAR (at least through 2 games), but Waldron's scheme should at least be working.

That said, the OL line coach and the OL in general have been such a dumpster fire that nothing else can really function offensively, so far.   And even being fair to Poles/Cunningham..... it's not like they didn't make any moves on the OL. Lucas Patrick was wretched last year, and through 2 games on a different team he's one of the league's best. Nate Davis has been abyssmal here, but he was solid on another squad. Cody Whitehair? Same. James Daniels? Same. Mustipher? Same.    That would hint that the problem is coaching. There where attempts to revamp the line from the top.

Even being fair to Morgan for a second, we had Harry Heistand for a while, one of the most respect OL coaches in the country, and our OL STILL sucked furiously, which would lend more credence to the "not Xs and Os, but Jims and Joes" thought about us needing better players.

Regardless, something, ANYTHING has to start changing for the OL. The level of play we've had through 2 games would get a high school coach fired, and numerous players benched. Maybe it's personnel, maybe it's coaching, maybe it's both.... but the absolutely catastrophic collapse of the OL wasn't anticipated by anyone. Right now it looks like we have bad players AND they're under performing our low expectations via bad coaching.

So im going on a golf date Sunday morning. I figure im tanking the date immediately if she figures out the reason im tapping out by noon is because the Chicago Bears are my number one priority. 

9 hours ago, dll2000 said:

A of people think Colts are a gimmie.  There are no gimmies in NFL.  Not for mediocre teams.  Colts thought GB without Love was a gimmie and got a big fat L.  

They are at home and are 0-2 and hungry and desperate.  Guys are playing for their jobs.  

We need to play better or its going to be a fat L.   If we lose fans are going to lose their minds.  That is a lot of pressure.

IND is favored (-1)

To me, this game is where we quiet everyone (other than a few of you crazies that nothing will ever be enough) and make everyone look foolish for the conversations being had this week.

We just went up against two very good defenses, D-lines specifically. And we showed that we are still aways away form being a Super Bowl contender (like the Texans) but we also arent a garbage team like some are acting like at this moment. 

The Colts are pretty beat up on defense, but thats football and we have to take advantage. I would imagine the entire iOL is going to be on a short leash this week (looking at Nate Davis), and they have to be executing to give us at least alittle bit of time to throw. And we will have to throw, what worked last week isnt going to this week, so dont fall into that trap. Dont get me wrong, we need to get the run game going (and I think we will) but we cant just go in thinking we are going to rush 50 times. That's not how this offense is going to work, assuming it will. 

But Buckner now on IR, along with Ebukam and Brents are big. And even if Latu plays he is going to be pretty hampered. We need to spread it around a bunch; 15+ touches for Swift, 10 for Herbert, 10 targets for Moore, etc. But my biggest thing I need to see is Waldron doing something alittle different. Move the pocket, run the jet sweeps and tosses if the iOL is having an issue. The more we can spread out a banged up offense, the faster we can wear them down.

Just like I was saying with Will Levis, Anthony Richardson falls into sorta the same category (I think hes just a more talented Levis) His big arm isnt something Im worried about against our Secondary, and while he is even bigger than Levis, he's not going to scare our LBs. And while they do have some weapons. nothing is going to compare to last week and our Defense handled them well. Heres hoping they keep refusing to use Taylor, that makes their job even easier.

We jump out to a 10-0 lead, Caleb throws the TD on the first drive getting the monkey off the back. We let them hang around some, 16-7 at Half. We stretch the lead, and then Richardson does his garbage time thing to make it look closer than it ever was

Caleb Williams: 250y, 2 TDs

DJ Moore: 100y, TD

DAndre Swift: 100y (all purpose), TD

Bears Win 29-24

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

To me, this game is where we quiet everyone (other than a few of you crazies that nothing will ever be enough) and make everyone look foolish for the conversations being had this week.

We just went up against two very good defenses, D-lines specifically. And we showed that we are still aways away form being a Super Bowl contender (like the Texans) but we also arent a garbage team like some are acting like at this moment. 

The Colts are pretty beat up on defense, but thats football and we have to take advantage. I would imagine the entire iOL is going to be on a short leash this week (looking at Nate Davis), and they have to be executing to give us at least alittle bit of time to throw. And we will have to throw, what worked last week isnt going to this week, so dont fall into that trap. Dont get me wrong, we need to get the run game going (and I think we will) but we cant just go in thinking we are going to rush 50 times. That's not how this offense is going to work, assuming it will. 

But Buckner now on IR, along with Ebukam and Brents are big. And even if Latu plays he is going to be pretty hampered. We need to spread it around a bunch; 15+ touches for Swift, 10 for Herbert, 10 targets for Moore, etc. But my biggest thing I need to see is Waldron doing something alittle different. Move the pocket, run the jet sweeps and tosses if the iOL is having an issue. The more we can spread out a banged up offense, the faster we can wear them down.

Just like I was saying with Will Levis, Anthony Richardson falls into sorta the same category (I think hes just a more talented Levis) His big arm isnt something Im worried about against our Secondary, and while he is even bigger than Levis, he's not going to scare our LBs. And while they do have some weapons. nothing is going to compare to last week and our Defense handled them well. Heres hoping they keep refusing to use Taylor, that makes their job even easier.

We jump out to a 10-0 lead, Caleb throws the TD on the first drive getting the monkey off the back. We let them hang around some, 16-7 at Half. We stretch the lead, and then Richardson does his garbage time thing to make it look closer than it ever was

Caleb Williams: 250y, 2 TDs

DJ Moore: 100y, TD

DAndre Swift: 100y (all purpose), TD

Bears Win 29-24

I hope you are right but I do not see them winning....Bears lose 24-16.

9 minutes ago, dafreak said:

I hope you are right but I do not see them winning....Bears lose 24-16.

Other than just standard negativity, why would that be the case? What do the Colts currently do better than the Bears?

They have a better OL, but our defense is much better than theirs. And Id say their Defense is the worst of the 3 that we have seen so far?

I mean, we just held CJ Stroud and that offense to 19 points and 75 yards rushing (what the Colts are better at) Not saying thats some definitive mark, but I find it hard to believe that this Colts Offense looks better than the Texans against us, especially from what we've seen out of the Colts so far.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Other than just standard negativity, why would that be the case? What do the Colts currently do better than the Bears?

They have a better OL, but our defense is much better than theirs. And Id say their Defense is the worst of the 3 that we have seen so far?

I mean, we just held CJ Stroud and that offense to 19 points and 75 yards rushing (what the Colts are better at) Not saying thats some definitive mark, but I find it hard to believe that this Colts Offense looks better than the Texans against us, especially from what we've seen out of the Colts so far.

I guess a lot of it is standard negativity but the Bears have not instilled any confidence that they score and/or run the ball against the worst rushing D in the league. Indy is giving up an average of 237 ypg on the ground, IMO we will be lucky to rush for 100 yards. Through the air IND is currently a top 10 D giving up on average 163 ypg. Now if you want to say their game against the Packers was an anomaly then stats don't matter at all and I will stick to the standard negativity bias. I hope I am wrong about our offensive prowess but history over the last 10+ years says otherwise. 

Edited by dafreak