8 members have voted

1. 1. Who is 3-0 after this game?

• Steelers
    • Chargers

cdykddy4jhn2h1zyaesl

WHO: 2-0 Steelers host 2-0 Chargers

WHEN: Sunday, 09/22/24 at 1:00 pm

WHERE: Heinz Field, I mean Acrisure Stadium

1489985846.jpgme All AllTime Series History: Steelers lead series 24-11, but last 10 games have been close with Steelers holding a 6-4 edge.

GettyImages-72155699.0.jpg

Last Meeting: 11-21-21 was won by Chargers as Justin Herbert ran and threw all over the Steelers defense. 41-37

z1y6txdgbnk2f6wc2d0h

Key Chargers on Offense: QB Justin Herbert,RB's JK Dobbins and Gus Williams, WR's Quentin Johnston and Ladd McConkey, OL's Rashawn Slater, Joe Alt, Zion Johnson, Bradley Bozeman.

responsive_story_lg

The Chargers ground game has been pounding teams in the run game under new HC Jim Harbaugh.

gettyimages-1245971291-e1678551598163.jp

Key Chargers on Defense: Edge Joey Bosa and Khalil Mack, DL Poona Ford, CB Asante Samuel, and Safety and Derwin James.

Chris-Boswell.jpg

The Chargers defense has held teams to 13 points in two games. That is plus 35 points in point difference. That is scary for an inconsistent Steelers offense that has only scored 1 TD in 8 quarters and 34 points in two games. Those have been by and large from the leg of Da Boz.

Steelers_news_Pittsburgh_makes_2_roster_

Steelers could use some defensive splash from Minkah and Elandon. 

182-1827365_nfl-referee-psd-ref-throwing

In 2024 the refs have done the Steelers no favors. The Steelers need to figure out how to get them to keep the flags in their pockets and off the field.

1000_F_66669587_7SS6sJZ3KkXW66G2deSlUfxL

Just when Justin Fields or George Pickens make a big play, the refs throw a flag. Steelers offense needs to figure out a recipe for success and consistency on offense.

Justin-Fields-scramble-2-768x432.jpg

Winning on early downs is how the Steelers keep their offense out of third and long situations. Read options, run/pass options and first down short passes can help.

George-Pickens-touchdown-celebrate.jpg

Despite some offensive limitations and no true #2 WR, George Pickens is playing at an elite level.

artworks-000100586851-s760ds-t500x500.jp

Early thoughts: The offense is still transitioning and yet the Steelers have won a couple games. They realistically controlled both, but let both teams hang around rather than putting them away with TD's.  Inconsistent play, penalties, and even a potential turnover or two would spell doom against a good team. Superior QB play and an offense that can run, score, and come back if necessary may be too much for Justin Fields and the Steelers. They need to play four solid quarters of football. Thus far, they have play one good half, one okay half, one so so half, and a poor half.  They have to play two good halves of football and four quarters. Thus far they haven't. The offensive limitations may catch the Steelers this week. 

Chargers 23 - Steelers 17

I feel that Cam Heyward is very key to the script of this game. 

My second thought that comes to mind is that Peyton Wilson might show up in this one a good bit. I know hes not as "tough" as ERob, but a healthy JK always used to eat us up when he had his opportunities and Wilson could limit those big runs. Deshon Elliot could also be a contributing factor. 

I think it is prudent that we score at least two actual TDs in this one and a couple field goals to boot. 

Saw a stat that Herbert is undefeated when Chargers hold opponent under 20 and he is something like 28-6 when they keep opponent under 27. 

Think we could use a 20-19 win in this one. It shouldn't be easy either way (depending if Herbert is playing/healthy) but like everything "we'll let his participation be our guide."

Edited by JustPlainNasty

Everybody sleeping on this game thread?

Chargers were gifted a couple of lousy turnovers by the Raiders. Minshews backward pass that almost resulted in a return for TD and then Zamir White had the ball punched on poor ball protection. I would say turnovers will be very key for both teams in tipping the scales. 

The Chargers passing offense seems a bit remedial thus far with all those younger receivers in bigger roles. Q Johnston is getting a lot of drag routes and hitch type passes, a bit like Keenan Allen in college, not sure Id say like him in the pros per se. I wouldn't forget about the tight end Hurst. 

Saw some clips of Fauatanu, feet look beautiful in pass pro, hands/ punch nice too. 

Edited by JustPlainNasty

9 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

I feel that Cam Heyward is very key to the script of this game. 

My second thought that comes to mind is that Peyton Wilson might show up in this one a good bit. I know hes not as "tough" as ERob but a healthy JK always used to eat us up when he had his opportunities. Wilson could limit those big runs. Deshon Elliot could also be a contributing factor. 

I think it is prudent that we score at least two actual TDs in this one and a couple field goals to boot. 

Saw a stat that Herbert is undefeated when Chargers hold opponent under 20 and he is something like 28-6 when they keep opponent under 27. 

Think we could use a 20-19 win in this one. It shouldn't be easy either way (depending if Herbert is playing/healthy) but like everything "we'll let his participation be our guide."

what if our oT doesn't get penalties that negate nice plays and GP gets TD's. Also, will they keep targeting DW80 in the redzone if isolated? Thats a major mismatch they should continue to explore

Who are the OT's for us this week?

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

what if our oT doesn't get penalties that negate nice plays and GP gets TD's. Also, will they keep targeting DW80 in the redzone if isolated? Thats a major mismatch they should continue to explore

Who are the OT's for us this week?

Fauatanu & Moore no doubt. This is a pair that Broderick in his current state would struggle against. 

Agree on Washington. What happened this past Sunday shouldve really been the #1 utilization of him and reason for drafting him. Sometimes though you have to drive home the point of other areas to make a better overall player. If you start out just eating dessert you might never worry bout eating dinner. Not to give them that much credit for that cause eventually he shouldve been utilized in this manner last year especially for how much this team struggled in the RZ.

• Like 2

the real test is how will our run defence hold up. Harbaugh won't give up on the run either, so this will be until the end

Lets see if our DL is actually good v the run and if Queen is worth the hype. I see this game as a much more legit test than the first 2 games

I can see this getting ugly if we can't slow down there run game. LA could put this away with a couple long drives ending with 7 while chewing up clock. our offense needs to get some touchdowns to counter this ..boz won't be enough 

13 minutes ago, August4th said:

I can see this getting ugly if we can't slow down there run game. LA could put this away with a couple long drives ending with 7 while chewing up clock. our offense needs to get some touchdowns to counter this ..boz won't be enough 

Maybe lots of big nickel with Edmunds and Elliot on the field together?