Round 1. Emeka Egbuka Ohio State WR

Round 2. Conner Weigman Texas A&M QB

Round 3. Dontay Corleone Cincinnati DE

Round 4. Omarion Hampton North Carolina RB

Round 5: Ricky White III UNLV WR

Round 7a: Tommi Hill Nebraska CB

Round 7b: Jared Wilson Georgia Center

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I have a feeling he'll play. Just gut, no actual information. 

I do as well considering he finished the game, but monitoring nonetheless. If you see him sit out tomorrow/Friday it’s a tell that his mobility will be limited which is a W for us.

noticed how dismissive some in the media are of the steelers when talking about the 0-2 start from the bengals and Ravens

someone said those teams are still fine since they're both 0-2, so it's like their 0-0 lol completely dismissing the steelers 2-0 start and Cleveland 1-1. I get our offense has some work to do, but these people ignore our defense being number 1 in scoring and cleveland D being pretty solid after the 1st half vs Dallas. And Cin and Bal are not some juggernauts to begin with. How is B-more O-line gonna hold up against our front 7? how's Cin defense gonna stop our run game? I won't be shocked if they bounced back, but won't be shocked if they finished 3rd and 4th.

like if the Ravens started 2-0 just like us, these same people would be bringing up worries about the offense, however they would be gushing over the defense and Tucker lol "Zach orr is this new mastermind shutting down Kirk Couisns and ATL" would've been a talking point last week, not how rusty kirk looked

Edited by August4th

14 hours ago, August4th said:

noticed how dismissive some in the media are of the steelers when talking about the 0-2 start from the bengals and Ravens

someone said those teams are still fine since they're both 0-2, so it's like their 0-0 lol completely dismissing the steelers 2-0 start and Cleveland 1-1. I get our offense has some work to do, but these people ignore our defense being number 1 in scoring and cleveland D being pretty solid after the 1st half vs Dallas. And Cin and Bal are not some juggernauts to begin with. How is B-more O-line gonna hold up against our front 7? how's Cin defense gonna stop our run game? I won't be shocked if they bounced back, but won't be shocked if they finished 3rd and 4th.

When the offense can score more than 17 points in a game, I will be less dismissive of the Steeler chances.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

When the offense can score more than 17 points in a game, I will be less dismissive of the Steeler chances.

I think you're right. I do like how we've controlled the ball this season, though. We went from one of the worst TOP offenses to one of the best. That's such a welcome change of pace. We do have to score points if we want to win any meaningful games, though. If we can keep this TOP thing going and add in 2 TDs a game from the OF then we'll be cooking with grease. 

On 9/18/2024 at 5:49 PM, August4th said:

I mean, I get the logic to a point.

The Bengals start slow every year snd pick things up, and the Ravens could rip off an 8+ game win streak.    The Steelers and Browns still both have major questions at QB.    

The Steelers could go on a long losing streak rather easily.   A week 1 win against an adjusting offense and a week 2 win vs a raw rookie QB doesn't exactly get me excited.    I get we are an adjusting offense as well, but Im not as excited about Justin Fields leading this offense as some people seem to be.    I think he is a backup caliber QB who has done what he can, but I feel like we are going to hit a wall soon and all this fawning over Fields is going to come to a very abrupt end.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, I hope I am wrong.   I hope he serves me a triple serving of crow.....but I hoped the same thing for Kenny Pickett and Matt Canaduh, and, well.... 

KK4XH7F.gif

3 minutes ago, 43M said:

I mean, I get the logic to a point.

The Bengals start slow every year snd pick things up, and the Ravens could rip off an 8+ game win streak.    The Steelers and Browns still both have major questions at QB.    

The Steelers could go on a long losing streak rather easily.   A week 1 win against an adjusting offense and a week 2 win vs a raw rookie QB doesn't exactly get me excited.    I get we are an adjusting offense as well, but Im not as excited about Justin Fields leading this offense as some people seem to be.    I think he is a backup caliber QB who has done what he can, but I feel like we are going to hit a wall soon and all this fawning over Fields is going to come to a very abrupt end.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, I hope I am wrong.   I hope he serves me a triple serving of crow.....but I hoped the same thing for Kenny Pickett and Matt Canaduh, and, well.... 

KK4XH7F.gif

I think riding with Fields should be a necessary “evil”…you know Wilson probably had a higher “floor”.

I think Fields even though probably only having a ~15% chance of taking his game to a solid QB level, allows you to make the decision to go all out for a QB in the draft next year easier unless you make a decent run.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AFF said:

I think riding with Fields should be a necessary “evil”…you know Wilson probably had a higher “floor”.

I think Fields even though probably only having a ~15% chance of taking his game to a solid QB level, allows you to make the decision to go all out for a QB in the draft next year easier unless you make a decent run.

The main reason I am “excited” over Fields is the growth we’ve seen from him from his time with the Bears. Playing within the offense, cutting down on negative plays, no horrible sacks or turnovers etc. These are all HUGE developments from him and something he was never able to do consistently in Chicago. 

If he can keep this up as they slowly start to open up the offense, and his signature big plays start to show up more frequently, then I think we might have something special. That will be the true test though. If the negative plays start to become more frequent as they put more on his plate, then it will be time to turn to Russ. If not, I don’t see how anyone could vouch to not keep rolling with him. We will see.