Dylan Raiola

DigInBoys

He is compared to Mahomes yes but he is not quite as athletic as Mahomes was.  But any QB really that throws off platform with different arm angles and sees all of the football field will be compared to him.

Raiola is super impressive, that Nebraska team is not that great but just because he is the QB they are legit top 25 program and will win a lot more than they have been of late.  Last night was a tough one, LT Turner Corcoran was hurt and his RS FR backup struggled at times, so Raiola did not have time to pass as much as he used to and their run game was nothing great either with that change on the OL.  Honestly though the group overall he is surrounded by is just ok, no real super stars but he makes guys look better than they are and can spread the football around.  He goes throw 4 sometimes 5 different reads which is super impressive for a true freshman QB.  He looks great as young player and with continued improvement he is right up there with any young QB in college football.  

9 hours ago, Ozzy said:

He is compared to Mahomes yes but he is not quite as athletic as Mahomes was.  

He is only a freshman though, presumably with a couple of years of college level training he could get more athletic?

26 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

He is only a freshman though, presumably with a couple of years of college level training he could get more athletic?

I doubt it, he seems a bit pudgy and just look at his father who is obviously a huge guy.   There is no need for Dylan to be this great running QB.  Mahomes had almost 500 yards rushing and 10 TDs one year at Texas Tech.  I do not see Dylan Raiola being that type of player and again who cares, he can throw the ball so well.  

Usually a QB is able to run right off the bat in college and becomes a better passer, not the other way around.  

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I doubt it, he seems a bit pudgy and just look at his father who is obviously a huge guy.   There is no need for Dylan to be this great running QB.  Mahomes had almost 500 yards rushing and 10 TDs one year at Texas Tech.  I do not see Dylan Raiola being that type of player and again who cares, he can throw the ball so well.  

Usually a QB is able to run right off the bat in college and becomes a better passer, not the other way around.  

I actually noticed that he is pudgy as well...which IMO actually gives him more room to improve his athleticism.

With college pro level trainers he can definitely get in better shape.

Raiola is going to be a good one.  As long as he stays healthy he's going to have damn near 40 starts before coming out as a junior.  He has all the tools you want from a franchise QB, just needs experience, refinement, and maturity, and he has 2.5 years to work that in.

• Like 1

I want to preface this with I am a Husker fan.  My unbiased opinion is that when I watch Raiola, I see a future #1 pick.  He just doesnt get rattled.  His OL is complete trash.  His WRs are suspect at best.  He just has the ability to stand in the pocket and absorb the defense.  It really is impressive for a kid this young.  The Mahomes comparisons are warranted, but we probably can pump the brakes until he hits the NFL.  Also, can the kid stop dressing like Mahomes?  Get your own identity.