The good, the bad, the we lost to the panthers

NickButera

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That’s what I’m wondering who are these business decision guys

hate to say it but adams comes to mind missing blocks missing passes

whats the deal with jpj and why was he replacing the rg

Looking on X/Twitter, hints are at Moehrig and Jack Jones. Jones had a chance to help on a tackle and instead backed off avoiding the contact. 

1 minute ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Looking on X/Twitter, hints are at Moehrig and Jack Jones. Jones had a chance to help on a tackle and instead backed off avoiding the contact. 

There’s a lot of players on defense that are up for contract extensions or at the end of their deal and haven’t got one

35 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Overall, across the league, it proves at the NFL is a week to week league

You’re not as good as you were the week before and they’re not as bad as you seem to before

I tend to agree with you, we can't overreact to losses normally. So early in the season. But, not all losses are equal. Even a loss here would have been acceptable under different circumstances. Dalton balled out, give him credit--some of us knew he'd give them a real spark. Team preparation, execution, and attitude was abysmal on our end. Unacceptable. How we respond will be telling. AP is the culture guy, so if he makes a statement and cuts out the "business decisions" guys and we respond with a win next week, maybe we are back on track. But a must-win in week 4 is....not ideal. A repeat against the Browns probably means fire-sale time.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

You’re not as good as you were the week before and they’re not as bad as you seem to before

Statistically, when the Raiders or any team out performs the week prior, you know the next week they are going to regress back to their average level. 

what’s remarkable is that it should go both ways, and when you suck one year, statistically odds are you should improve… yet here we are 20 years later 🤣

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Speaks to a lack of identity. We saw AP opt to punt on 4th and short week 1 in a one score game. We saw saw him punt down 20 this week. But early in the game they call a run play on 3rd and long to set up a 4th down play and throw short of the sticks incomplete. 

Just feels like they have no idea who or what they want to be. Conservative to a fault one moment, then unnecessarily aggressive at other times. 

Yeh, to me it seems like (and I might be wrong here) but there is disconnect between the OC the QB and the HC. They don’t all seem on the same page. With this in mind, I’d like to see O’Connell start just so we can get a handle on the Getsy scheme. Put a QB in who can play to the scheme and let’s evaluate that at least. If we can suddenly move the ball and look functional then we know it’s been a QB/OC issue. If we’re just he same then it’s probably a HC/OC issue as the QBs are so different.

• Like 3

I think it was the end of 1st half, but Car had a 3rd and 16..: you know what they did, they were aggressive and threw the ball 20 yards. Was a great play call, and great execution.

they played aggressive and to win.

3rd and 16 we would’ve thrown a screen or ran to catch them off guard. Playing conservative and to not lose. 

im so tired of playing to not lose. 
id much rather see Gardner throw 1 or 2 ints if he’s at least pushing the ball down field vs this refusal to stretch the field. It’s so painfully boring. 
Run up the middle for 2 yards, run up the middle for 2 yards, on 3rd and 6 it’s either throw to DA or bowers but you know they are tempted to try to run it again too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That’s what I’m wondering who are these business decision guys

hate to say it but adams comes to mind missing blocks missing passes

whats the deal with jpj and why was he replacing the rg

I think Parham was injured wasnt he? I thought that’s why JPJ went to RG but maybe I’m wrong………wouldn’t be the first time 😁

1 hour ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

I thought Jones was hustling quite hard, maybe I missed his lack of effort on a few plays?

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Exactly. To be honest, I wouldn’t have been that shocked if we lost a close, scrappy game and threw an int or missed a couple FGs and you could say, these things happen. But I think it was the manner of the defeat that left me feeling perplexed, we were just absolutely taken to the cleaners on offence and defence.

Neither side of the ball stood up. I was expecting the O to be a bit disconnected but expected the D to be strong at least and maybe dominate. 

• Like 2

And again, as many have said, this is why you hire GM before HC.

AP pissed at players who stopped trying, so he is going to make moves, trade or cut someone to set tone… but he himself is on the hot seat. So he shouldn’t be making long term decisions.

i doubt it’s Jones, but cutting / trading a young solid potential CB does seem like a very raider esqe move. 

I also doubt it’s Adams,, but again trading him now after telling the league you’re pissed off kills his value. 

Adams IMO had every right to be POd with the game plan.

12 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I think it was the end of 1st half, but Car had a 3rd and 16..: you know what they did, they were aggressive and threw the ball 20 yards. Was a great play call, and great execution.

they played aggressive and to win.

3rd and 16 we would’ve thrown a screen or ran to catch them off guard. Playing conservative and to not lose. 

im so tired of playing to not lose. 
id much rather see Gardner throw 1 or 2 ints if he’s at least pushing the ball down field vs this refusal to stretch the field. It’s so painfully boring. 
Run up the middle for 2 yards, run up the middle for 2 yards, on 3rd and 6 it’s either throw to DA or bowers but you know they are tempted to try to run it again too. 

That would actually probably fit Gardner Minshew’s skill set better and allow him to be creative and play off platform. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Not even close. And I like Maye. There is only one Josh Allen who 20-25lbs heavier and more physical than Maye.

Obviously not exactly the same. But if I’m describing on a one sentence lazy way, Josh Allen clone it is. Maye isn’t as thick as Allen but he’s a thick guy who is gonna run a lot just like Allen. Also has a laser arm like Allen. Also a way better pure passer than Allen.