Week 4 GDT: Browns (1-2) at Raiders (1-2)

NYRaider

Winner?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Raiders
    • Browns

Another first one to 20 wins game. 

We're going to learn a lot about AP and his staff this week. From personnel to scheme. 

For starters, who made the business decisions and is their playing time reduced for it? 

The Raiders were best in the league running the football the last 4 games of the season. Getsy has them ranked dead last. Something has to give and it starts with playing to your players strengths. They need to be running more gap schemes and letting Zues get downhill like we saw last year. 

How long is leash for Minshew?

One things is for certain.... When you're publicly calling out players for making business decisions and hinting at a QB change to spark things, you're in trouble. AP is spiraling and an ugly loss here could send things into crisis mode.

Luckily.... it's the Browns who have their own issues. Winnable game against a bad QB. Now or never for the culture coach to show something. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Another first one to 20 wins game. 

We're going to learn a lot about AP and his staff this week. From personnel to scheme. 

For starters, who made the business decisions and is their playing time reduced for it? 

The Raiders were best in the league running the football the last 4 games of the season. Getsy has them ranked dead last. Something has to give and it starts with playing to your players strengths. They need to be running more gap schemes and letting Zues get downhill like we saw last year. 

How long is leash for Minshew?

One things is for certain.... When you're publicly calling out players for making business decisions and hinting at a QB change to spark things, you're in trouble. AP is spiraling and an ugly loss here could send things into crisis mode.

Luckily.... it's the Browns who have their own issues. Winnable game against a bad QB. Now or never for the culture coach to show something. 

It's shocking that Pierce can't understand that this scheme is neutering white. He looked very explosive and dynamic to end the year and looks like a chicken with his head cut off now.

I don't feel bad for him. He's the one who brought in Getsy, who then brought in his guys like Whitehair. Anyone with half a brain would have chosen someone else. Hell Jayden Daniels is cooking with Kingsbury rn but we were too cheap to get that done. 

Let's see if we make real adjustments going forward.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's shocking that Pierce can't understand that this scheme is neutering white. He looked very explosive and dynamic to end the year and looks like a chicken with his head cut off now.

I don't feel bad for him. He's the one who brought in Getsy, who then brought in his guys like Whitehair. Anyone with half a brain would have chosen someone else. Hell Jayden Daniels is cooking with Kingsbury rn but we were too cheap to get that done. 

Let's see if we make real adjustments going forward.

I honestly think Kelly would’ve got a deal done to get us daniels

48 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I honestly think Kelly would’ve got a deal done to get us daniels

Of course you do..... If you just ignore the fact Washington told every team that called "we're not moving" and were all in on Daniels from day 1, then Kelly, a rookie GM could've got a deal done. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Of course you do..... If you just ignore the fact Washington told every team that called "we're not moving" and were all in on Daniels from day 1, then Kelly, a rookie GM could've got a deal done. 

I remember the talks about daniels not wanting to play for Washington until it became obvious that we weren’t going to try to make a move. Imo anything can be had just a certain price to pay. But it’s all speculation 

19 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I remember the talks about daniels not wanting to play for Washington until it became obvious that we weren’t going to try to make a move. Imo anything can be had just a certain price to pay. But it’s all speculation 

It's really not, WAS decided they were taking Daniels and that screwed us. It's really the reason Kingsbury backed out, and WAS proceeded to trade away last year's starter so it was no changing their mind. Daniels saying he didn't want to play for them seemed like there may be some hope, but they were not deterred.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

It's really not, WAS decided they were taking Daniels and that screwed us. It's really the reason Kingsbury backed out, and WAS proceeded to trade away last year's starter so it was no changing their mind. Daniels saying he didn't want to play for them seemed like there may be some hope, but they were not deterred.

Or if we started early like minn stacking draft capital. I believe everything has a price but I hear you.