2024 MLB Playoffs Thread

naptownskinsfan

Playing for walks/homeruns/strikeouts can get you regular season wins, but 1 run over two games isn’t going to cut it. We can’t manufacture runs. 

I think this loss would be a lot more palatable if we had gotten into a 10-8 slugfest, or the bullpen blew a 5-2 lead and lost 6-5. But the pitching that was supposed to be injured and knocked down a peg absolutely performed well 

7 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

MLB putting its only game on tomorrow on at the same time as the NFL. Can’t make this up 

Meanwhile, the AL West champs were playing 1:30 pm locally, and the Orioles, in a traditionally blue collar city, drew 4-4:30 pm local start times for their games.  

MLB gonna MLB I guess. 

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Padres are limiting who can purchase tickets based off the billing address on the credit card.  

That’s embarrassing 

I remember going to a few Padres/Chargers games about 15-20 years ago... The number of 'away' fans at every game was staggering. I don't know if the city is all transplants or if people are just choosing San Diego off of a list of potential vacation spots or what.