Chiefs WR Rashee Rice feared to have torn ACL

Forge

14 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I could legit see this injury ending his NFL career, or at the very least that's the last we'll see of him for 3+ years.

You'd have to think if this is an ACL he's due to come back maybe next October, which around when his trial date is set to begin.

I dunno. Hufanga tore his ACL in like week 11 last year and was back for week 3 this year. Hard to say for some of these and really depends on if anything else went with it. 

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

He needs to get get in a fast car and head down to Texas and recover. How the hell did he get away with that!? I would have been jailed for 8 years and force to paint that whole free way after I got out. 

He's not got away with it (yet). His trial isn't until next year.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I dunno. Hufanga tore his ACL in like week 11 last year and was back for week 3 this year. Hard to say for some of these and really depends on if anything else went with it. 

Issue is not his acl

its that he is about to get at least a 6 game suspension next year 

He will be out of football for like 24 months 

5 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Issue is not his acl

its that he is about to get at least a 6 game suspension next year 

He will be out of football for like 24 months 

So if he's ready to go to start next year he then gets a six game suspension.. Not exactly a big deal

• Like 2

Honestly, KC can probably use this as ostensibly a free IR to return next year if this is a typical ACL tear with no complications. 

If he's not quite there, instead of putting him on pup and bringing him off week 5, they'll just start the season with him on the active roster and let the league suspend him and he'll be back somewhere between week 5 and 7 at the worst

• Like 3

10 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I could legit see this injury ending his NFL career, or at the very least that's the last we'll see of him for 3+ years.

You'd have to think if this is an ACL he's due to come back maybe next October, which around when his trial date is set to begin.

The NFL is still yet to suspend him, and let's say at minimum they suspend him 4-6 games. That's basically all of next year UNLESS he comes back in December/January, and by then he'll have already been found guilty of the charges brought against him, which will most certainly end up with jail time.

So, the earliest we could see him back on an NFL field would be 2026, and most likely not with the Chiefs.

There is like a 0% chance he ends up in jail lol 

People are still overrating/overestimating the suspension. Like you were wrong it was gonna be this year. You’re also wrong on the length. It’ll be six games at absolute most, and it’s not gonna start once he’s “ready” to play. It’ll start Week 1. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingram said:

There is like a 0% chance he ends up in jail lol 

his charges:

Rice is facing eight charges: one count of aggravated assault, one count of collision involving serious bodily injury and six counts of collision involving injury.

Not sure how you think he will avoid any time in jail for that, but I know for a fact his people are bracing for jail time.