Packers WR Romeo Doubs skips practice due to being upset with role

RaidersAreOne

Yeah I'm not believing the reporting here, guy skips practice for his frustration in the passing game? Homie knows that won't get him more targets.

Seems like a personal thing that isn't football related tbh.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39236325/packers-cb-jaire-alexander-surprised-coin-toss-suspension

Also seems to be a pattern with packers players but to be fair that one did cost them so fair I guess?

1 hour ago, Soko said:

Interesting because realistically, they should be looking to move one of these guys eventually. 2024 would probably be a year too early, but still. 

Should be Watson, IMO.

No real reason to move any of the WRs unless you get an offer that's too good to pass up.  He probably was on pace to get something similar to Darnell Mooney (3/$39M), which is likely a 4th round compensatory pick.  So unless a team was offering a Day 2 pick, no real reason to move on from him.

16 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

No real reason to move any of the WRs unless you get an offer that's too good to pass up.  He probably was on pace to get something similar to Darnell Mooney (3/$39M), which is likely a 4th round compensatory pick.  So unless a team was offering a Day 2 pick, no real reason to move on from him.

Disgruntled + crowded WR room where everyone’s going to be a FA within a year or two of each other + compensatory picks aren’t guaranteed. So yeah, I wouldn’t say “no real reason”, but I’d wait till next year/the offseason before considering anything, barring some massive home run or something.

I wouldn’t give him away for nothing, but if I’m the Packers I figure I’m not probably going to be extending all four of these guys. I’d be hoping Watson’s physical skills tempt a team enough to give a good offer, dude’s always hurt. 

2 hours ago, Soko said:

Interesting because realistically, they should be looking to move one of these guys eventually. 2024 would probably be a year too early, but still. 

Should be Watson, IMO.

when Watson moves, does his wheelchair come with him...?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MIZ-Viking2293 said:

I don't get what Doubs thinks this will prove. His agent has to be frustrated as hell with the whole situation. Totally unforced error, What an idiot.

He wants off the team. Simple as that.

These guys need to realize that Aaron Rodgers isn't their quarterback anymore.  Those days are over.  They aren't always going to get the ball when they get open like they used to.  The Packers did the right thing by suspending him for a game.  You have to let them know that the organization will not let the inmates run the asylum.