Week 6: San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks

It's time to start bringing in some new guys on defense. We NEED at least one safety that can cover, another DE, and probably a DT. This defense isn't sustainable with so many backups playing significant time.

Luckily, the trade deadline is the same week as our bye week. If we could get a few new pieces on defense, Greenlaw, CMC, Pearsall, and Feliciano back after the bye, we can go on a run through the final 9 weeks. 

It feels like this team is a few degrees off center right now. Not far off, but definitely off. Just need to make it through the next two weeks and reinforcements will be on their way. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

It's time to start bringing in some new guys on defense. We NEED at least one safety that can cover, another DE, and probably a DT. This defense isn't sustainable with so many backups playing significant time.

Luckily, the trade deadline is the same week as our bye week. If we could get a few new pieces on defense, Greenlaw, CMC, Pearsall, and Feliciano back after the bye, we can go on a run through the final 9 weeks. 

It feels like this team is a few degrees off center right now. Not far off, but definitely off. Just need to make it through the next two weeks and reinforcements will be on their way. 

If we can steal one of these two next games, I do think we'll rip it up after the bye.

With the unfortunate injury to Mason, I want to see IG in the passing game. His speed is a huge plus and I want to see a wheel route or some screens for him. He’s running vision is iffy with finding the right hole, but if we can get him in space, I think he will flourish. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I think our upgrade at center will be when Feleciano is healthy. I've seen Azeez Ojulari's name tossed around some. I wouldn't be mad at that. Signing Justin Simmons would have been pretty clutch, but I also didn't realize Huf was going to look bad this year and be hurt again. 

Guys are never the same once they return from an ACL in that first year so predicting Huf to hit the ground running was just awful player management in my eyes.

That's why I was lamenting all summer before TC to go get a Simmons or a Diggs.

We needed a vet signing like Gipson to help stabilize that back-end.

Mustapha will be a good one.

But he's still just a rookie and isn't quite ready for the role he has.

Tig is too inconsistent, and I knew that then.

Imagine Simmons in this secondary..

Even with the pass rush not being what it has been, the big chunk plays given up in the pass game probably don't happen with a stable presence on that back end to sniff those out.

Edited by 757-NINER

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Solak you goonie.

He never states what he has an issue with here. I can't tell if it's just the yac (which lol, it's his first big yac TD all year) or the actual throw

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

He never states what he has an issue with here. I can't tell if it's just the yac (which lol, it's his first big yac TD all year) or the actual throw

If it's that it treads the line between fluky and genius, I get it...but what about the other plays where Brock was just conventionally awesome?

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they see if Micah Hyde has anything left in the tank at safety. Strikes me as a very ninerish move

I'd be looking hard at Cleveland's defense for help. They've got a couple of DTs that would be really interesting and maybe Za'darius Smith? Alex wright would be a very omenihu move. Third year of his rookie deal. Has one more year left. 5 sacks last year, 1 this year but has been purely rotational

I'd take a flier on Hyde if he's still in shape.

Need someone who has played at a high level that can keep the youngins on task.

Even if he is washed.

You can be a little washed at safety and still have a great overall impact because of your knowledge and pre-snap awareness.

Gipson was a perfect example of that.

Being young, fast, athletic & out of position is far worse than being old & slow but in the right position.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they see if Micah Hyde has anything left in the tank at safety. Strikes me as a very ninerish move

I'd be looking hard at Cleveland's defense for help. They've got a couple of DTs that would be really interesting and maybe Za'darius Smith? Alex wright would be a very omenihu move. Third year of his rookie deal. Has one more year left. 5 sacks last year, 1 this year but has been purely rotational

Smith is a good shout and would be a good get for this team. Browns will be sellers soon so I like that. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Basically replied and said Purdy was behind and late on the throw...I can see the late argument since purdy could have floated it to Deebo right when he got behind the backer but he is flat out wrong on being inaccurate on the throw. You can't lead Deebo there. So if Purdy was going to wait to get the ball to Deebo, then he threw it where he needed to....Oh yeah, his other problem was that Purdy did not drive the ball to Deebo like Josh Allen would LOL. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JIllg said:

If it's that it treads the line between fluky and genius, I get it...but what about the other plays where Brock was just conventionally awesome?

Exactly. Where is the comment on that zipline to Kittle for the TD???

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Basically replied and said Purdy was behind and late on the throw...I can see the late argument since purdy could have floated it to Deebo right when he got behind the backer but he is flat out wrong on being inaccurate on the throw. You can't lead Deebo there. So if Purdy was going to wait to get the ball to Deebo, then he threw it where he needed to....Oh yeah, his other problem was that Purdy did not drive the ball to Deebo like Josh Allen would LOL. 

The weird thing is that it doesn't acknowledge that he had to slide out in the pocket first because Banks is in his lap which is going to impact the timing of the throw. Unless he also thinks that the slide is unnecessary, which I'm thinking can't be the case. But I don't think you can step into that throw without the slide. 

I dunno man, some of this stuff gets so crazy nitpicky. I'm not even the staunchest Purdy supporter, so I feel like when I think you're being nit picky, you're probably being nit picky lol 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean, Brock drives the ball all the time (not like Allen, that's the same dumb standard that Ruiz uses all the time for his Trevor Lawrence coping), but Brock sure doesn't off his back foot off balance while under pressure trying to hit a wide open dude where the ball just has to get there. Very few dudes do. You can argue that Brock was gambling a bit and hoping rather than knowing that his back foot throw could still get there and you can argue that he has a real feel for that sort of thing and I could see either argument. But some of these do not feel like good faith arguments to me.

• Like 1

Almost word for word to what I said would happen last week with Pearsall. Folks have to realize, Kyle LOVES practices and if you can't practice and are unproven, you will not play. This was always going to be the week he was going to return to practice. No guarantee he gets activated this week but we are heading in that direction. 

Edit: When I say this week, I am referring to the Chiefs game week...which is technically next week lol.

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Solak you goonie.

lol these people are ridiculous. I had a feeling that once we finally had an impact YAC play the "OHHHH SEE I TOLD YOU!!! PURDY GETS CARRIED!!!!" people would pop up. Ben, here, is obviously not doing what I've seen on twitter since last night but even doing this is still trying to go that direction. 

Purdy with the Avengers = Pretty freaking good

Purdy without the Avengers = Still pretty freaking good but now doing it without YAC

• Like 1