2024 NBA Preseason

11sanchez11

Tidjane Salaun hitting 7 of 12 3's and 9/17 overall in the opening 2 games is eye-opening.     Might be a crowd favorite someday with his energy.  May be my only chance to brag on him this year once he disappears in the G.     Don't expect a lot of contribution this season, probably next too, but it's encouraging to see a glimpse of what the brass envisioned

10 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Tidjane Salaun hitting 7 of 12 3's and 9/17 overall in the opening 2 games is eye-opening.     Might be a crowd favorite someday with his energy.  May be my only chance to brag on him this year once he disappears in the G.     Don't expect a lot of contribution this season, probably next too, but it's encouraging to see a glimpse of what the brass envisioned

Have conflicting thoughts

1) The 6th overall pick having to play in the G League right off the bat shows this draft is weak as hell

2) Or maybe it's a good thing that 19 year old kids are sent to the G League to develop, whether this was a weak year or not. It's nice that sending 1st round picks doesn't have the stigma that it used to.

The Knicks have their own 19 year old French wing in Dadiet who's not even close to being ready to contribute.
Who knows of Frank Ntilikina would have benefitted from immediate G league treatment?

Edited by redsoxsuck05

Rockets went off on the Jazz 2 nights ago in the first half but fell off in the 2nd half.  

Thoughts:

Amen Thompson is going to be a beast.  Still think he will end up as a SF type due to his lack of shooting but the explosiveness is there

Hopefully this is the year Jalen Green breaks out.  He was pretty damn good Monday night.

Cam Whitmore is going to be a monster.  He should finish the season as a starter. 

Despite not shooting the ball well Cocaine Steph made some nice plays defensively. 

Jaden Ivey has looked a lot better so far.  Hoping the coaching change and bringing in the shooting guru helps turn his career in the right direction.  

Jalen Duren has been better on D but not amazing but is more active. 

Cade has been off shooting wise but still has flashes.  Its time for him to either start ascending or show he will be a bust.  

Ron Holland has been active on D and rebounding as well as showing some passing ability but the shot is still broken.  

THJ looks like he shouldn't be on the roster.  

Overall decent start for the Pistons but they still haven't been great when the starters are on the floor.  

• Like 1

So far I am enjoying this Warriors team way more than the past 2 seasons. Losing Klay sucks, but him moping around will be a positive. Anderson and Melton are gonna be big improvements for this team and if they can hide Buddy on defense gonna enough he should be able to give you some good minutes as well. Not a championship team but hopefully with a good start they would be extra aggressive and make a trade. 

I'm intrigued by the Knicks defense this year. Their 1 and 5 spots are below average-average defenders, but at the 2,3, and 4 they could field 3 elite wing defenders. It's going to be hard to hunt their weak defenders with Hart, Bridges, and OG out there. Not related to defense, but I also feel like Brunson's usage rates are going to astronomical. I'm not sure I'd trust any of their other guys right now to handle the ball in crucial situations. I assume they're looking for Bridges to be the secondary ball handler, or a rotation of him, KAT, and OG. McBride is a wildcard for them. Also, if there's ever a year they need Mitchell Robinson to stay healthy, this is it. Since I'm a Pistons fan, and will be cursed for years of mediocrity/crap to make up for the sheer joy watching the Goin to Work guys win, I think I might side root for the Knicks. The league is better when the Knicks are fun. 

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Jazz will play themselves out of the Cooper Flagg sweepstakes unless they move Clarkson, Sexton, and Collins ASAP.

Eh, the Jazz and Trailblazers are the two I am pretty confident won't make the playoffs.  If you finish bottom 2 of the West there is a good chance they are in line for a good shot in the lotto for the top pick.  The East has the Wizards, Bulls, Hornets, Pistons, and Nets battling but those teams have to play each other more so should get some wins to boost a couple of them out of the top 4/5 contention. 

5 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Eh, the Jazz and Trailblazers are the two I am pretty confident won't make the playoffs.  If you finish bottom 2 of the West there is a good chance they are in line for a good shot in the lotto for the top pick.  The East has the Wizards, Bulls, Hornets, Pistons, and Nets battling but those teams have to play each other more so should get some wins to boost a couple of them out of the top 4/5 contention. 

We definitely won't make the playoffs but if we play our veterans a lot I think we'll play ourselves out of a chance to get a top 3-5 pick.