Week 6 GDT Los Angeles Chargers at Denver

AnAngryAmerican

I think everyone here (as usual) makes a lot of good points. I am trying to keep things about this season in perspective when it comes to Bo Nix and the future of this team. It's unreasonable to think most rookie QBs will look like Stroud or Jayden Daniels. Nix has had some horrendous starts to games (some because of his decision making, some because we just lack weapons, some because Sean won't take the training wheels off and get creative).

However, important to remember we've played some solid defenses thus far, and the overall schedule hasn't been a cakewalk. The fanbase and the team need to give Nix and Payton the time to improve and develop. I am seeing people call for Stidham to be put in the lineup which is insane. New England just ditched the veteran QB to give Maye time to develop with real game action. We've chosen the same path. Going back now means we're in a situation more like Bryce Young than Jayden Daniels. Just let the kid develop and take his lumps this year, add some weapons around him next year, and if it doesn't work, clean house of Nix, Payton, and Paton and start over. That has got to be the plan.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, broncos67 said:

I think everyone here (as usual) makes a lot of good points. I am trying to keep things about this season in perspective when it comes to Bo Nix and the future of this team. It's unreasonable to think most rookie QBs will look like Stroud or Jayden Daniels. Nix has had some horrendous starts to games (some because of his decision making, some because we just lack weapons, some because Sean won't take the training wheels off and get creative).

However, important to remember we've played some solid defenses thus far, and the overall schedule hasn't been a cakewalk. The fanbase and the team need to give Nix and Payton the time to improve and develop. I am seeing people call for Stidham to be put in the lineup which is insane. New England just ditched the veteran QB to give Maye time to develop with real game action. We've chosen the same path. Going back now means we're in a situation more like Bryce Young than Jayden Daniels. Just let the kid develop and take his lumps this year, add some weapons around him next year, and if it doesn't work, clean house of Nix, Payton, and Paton and start over. That has got to be the plan.

I don't support the clean house model. That's not a plan. It's dysfunction - an impairment.  

3 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

I don't support the clean house model. That's not a plan. It's dysfunction - an impairment.  

Be that as it may, the team didn't a) send the Saints a premium draft pick, b) pay Payton $19M/year, and c) draft his preferred 1st round QB to miss the playoffs for the 10th straight season or whatever it will be. At a minimum, Paton will go. The Walmarts will be patient but they won't wait forever. The plan is to start winning. Sean needs to show he can do that. 

This is starting to sound like some "hillbilly suicide pact". Well gee Festus, if we can't win  with good ole Bo then life ain't worth livin". 

My gosh, when he sucks, pull him  and put in Stidham, then try again  next week. The "start Bo immediately" hasn't born fruit. Keep it up and by seasons end every fan in Denver will hate the kid along with his teammates. Please don't let that happen

12 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

This is starting to sound like some "hillbilly suicide pact". Well gee Festus, if we can't win  with good ole Bo then life ain't worth livin". 

My gosh, when he sucks, pull him  and put in Stidham, then try again  next week. The "start Bo immediately" hasn't born fruit. Keep it up and by seasons end every fan in Denver will hate the kid along with his teammates. Please don't let that happen

The team is 3-3, has two winnable games coming up, and has arguably the best defense in football. The fact that Broncos fans want to pull him now is ridiculous. it's been SIX games and the team is .500!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

The team is 3-3, has two winnable games coming up, and has arguably the best defense in football. The fact that Broncos fans want to pull him now is ridiculous. it's been SIX games and the team is .500!

I think you're making my point. Bo has been a disaster yet we're still 3-3. Hardly a stretch to think we'd be 5-1, 6-0 with even average QB play.

I'm just saying, the fans and his team mates have just about had it with the "Bo developmental league". I'm not seeing the progress. When he sucks, bench  him. Elway was like a yo-yo his first year. Do the same now.

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

I think you're making my point. Bo has been a disaster yet we're still 3-3. Hardly a stretch to think we'd be 5-1, 6-0 with even average QB play.

I'm just saying, the fans and his team mates have just about had it with the "Bo developmental league". I'm not seeing the progress. When he sucks, bench  him. Elway was like a yo-yo his first year. Do the same now.

I think the issue is that even if we were 6-0 w/Stidham, do we really believe we are competing for a SB? I'd say we are at best the same team we were last year when we got throttled by the Lions. I can't fathom how we'd compete with the top 6-8 teams in the league. So, we'd be trading wins for Bo's in-game experience/development (which I know is controversial). I think what this comes down to is if we are doing more harm than good to his development. If we believe he needs this experience to grow, then it's the thing to do. If it's more harmful than good, we shouldn't have started him this year at all. Ride the pine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

What fans are saying that? I think many are upset with the offense (going on ten years now with consistently button 10 unit) but don't see anyone clamoring to start Stidham save yourself. Haven't seen anything from Sutton or the other WR complaining on the sideline/in press conferences about Bo and most importantly none of the bad/sad body language like when Russ was starting. You're not seeing the progress because you literally don't watch the games lol. 

Not all progress is linear. 2 steps forward, 1 step back, 1 forward, 1 back etc. 

Edited by rcpbawler

41 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

I think the issue is that even if we were 6-0 w/Stidham, do we really believe we are competing for a SB? I'd say we are at best the same team we were last year when we got throttled by the Lions. I can't fathom how we'd compete with the top 6-8 teams in the league. So, we'd be trading wins for Bo's in-game experience/development (which I know is controversial). I think what this comes down to is if we are doing more harm than good to his development. If we believe he needs this experience to grow, then it's the thing to do. If it's more harmful than good, we shouldn't have started him this year at all. Ride the pine. 

That's a huge point! There are dozens of coaches and players in the HOF that would swear sitting for a year and learning is the way to go.

Anyway, the rest of your statement is just as appropriate. At what point are we damaging him beyond repair? 

From a very uncomplicated perspective I think a team owes it to it's roster, coaches and fans to put the best product on the field that it can at all times. We're not getting that and it's starting to really bug me. Last weekend I went outside in the 2nd quarter to do some yard work. Came in in the 3rd saw Bo was still throwing incompletions and went back outside. 

Maybe just ask ourselves "what would Andy Reid" do.

36 minutes ago, rcpbawler said:

What fans are saying that? I think many are upset with the offense (going on ten years now with consistently button 10 unit) but don't see anyone clamoring to start Stidham save yourself. Haven't seen anything from Sutton or the other WR complaining on the sideline/in press conferences about Bo and most importantly none of the bad/sad body language like when Russ was starting. You're not seeing the progress because you literally don't watch the games lol. 

Not all progress is linear. 2 steps forward, 1 step back, 1 forward, 1 back etc. 

Excuse me , but stating "when he suck's, bench him" is hardly clamoring for Stidham to start. 

19 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Excuse me , but stating "when he suck's, bench him" is hardly clamoring for Stidham to start. 

I'm far too lazy to go search your preseason/in game thread quotes about how we should start Stidham a dozen+ times. About how you did extensive research into his time at Auburn, backed up Cam/Carr/Wilson and never got a fair shot.

He started twice last year and put up 14 points to the Raiders (a team Bo put 34 on) and 16 to the chargers (that was one of the worst defenses in the NFL).

Just let Bo be Bo.

Mistakes and incredible play will be there. That's a part of the game when you learn. 

The playbook is too soft and SP  is reluctant to give him more possibilities.

Yes it was unwatchable from 1st to 3rd QT Sunday.

We are not a SB contender even at 6-0 😆 we just want offense moving this Fu**ing football !!!!!