Ashton Jeanty

NYRaider

Unquestionably the best RB in the draft. Easily could be a 1st round pick despite most teams not really placing that much value at the RB position. I mentioned before the season that he reminds me a ton of Alvin Kamara. Similar size and explosive ability to go along with elite contact balance. One aspect of Jeanty's game that hasn't really been on display so far this season is his versatility as a pass catcher. He is also excellent in that regard, but has been so historically dominant running the ball this season that he hasn't even been needed to be utilized much as a pass catcher. For reference, last season he had 43 catches, 569 receiving yards, and 5 receiving touchdowns. 

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 1

Be VERY curious to see his combine...

Specifically:

1. If he can do the receiver drills like McCaffrey did, and look good doing them. This is more of an "eye test" thing.

2. 40 time/long speed. He seems good, but not elite from the "eye test"  ~4.40-4.45 ish would be my guess.

3. I've seen enough of his jump cuts to expect a good-great 3 cone, but I like quantifiable metrics.

4. I'd also wager his broad and vert would be excellent, given what I've seen, but again I like quantifiable metrics.

He's still probably first round back without the above, but doing good-greet at  those 4 things, and you are talking a potential top 10 RB.  I don't have him where I had Saquon or McCaffrey coming out just yet, but I like his game more than Bijan's and Gibbs (and I had Gibbs above Bijan fwiw).

• Like 1

• NYRaider changed the title to Ashton Jeanty
12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jeanty is a potentially generational prospect which is rare to see for a RB so I thought he deserved a thread.

It's not necessarily on you, the mods have allowed more and more of these individual threads lately. Just look down the 1st page of "NFL Draft". Why does Jeanty need his own thread rather than starting a catch all "2025 NFL Running Backs" Thread where not only can we talk about Jeanty but the class as a whole? Why does Cam Ward need his own thread? Sanders, Raiola, Loveland, Cooper DeJean, etc etc. The only prospect I can think of that would warrant his own thread is Hunter and that's only because he's a two way player. It just limits the discussion that can happen or spreads discussions across multiple threads and bumps a ton of other threads down and out of sight.

Edited by grizmo78

5 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

It's not necessarily on you, the mods have allowed more and more of these individual threads lately. Just look down the 1st page of "NFL Draft". Why does Jeanty need his own thread rather than starting a catch all "2025 NFL Running Backs" Thread where not only can we talk about Jeanty but the class as a whole? Why does Cam Ward need his own thread? Sanders, Raiola, Loveland, Cooper DeJean, etc etc. The only prospect I can think of that would warrant his own thread is Hunter and that's only because he's a two way player. It just limits the discussion that can happen or spreads discussions across multiple threads and bumps a ton of other threads down and out of sight.

So I'll be making those catch all threads and merging this one with that at some point.  Right now, we aren't at the point in the draft season where it would bump current threads so I didn't really mind.

Once we start getting through Thanksgiving, I'll be more selective with threads.

I did merge a couple already.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

So I'll be making those catch all threads and merging this one with that at some point.  Right now, we aren't at the point in the draft season where it would bump current threads so I didn't really mind.

Once we start getting through Thanksgiving, I'll be more selective with threads.

I did merge a couple already.

A fun mod would merge threads for completely different prospects.

• Like 2