The good, the bad, the ugly vs Steelers

NYRaider

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Based on what though? We have over a decade to look at with Telesco and none of it is great. 

Looking at how they responded this week I think this thing might get ugly. Also zero chance that Adams ever suits up here again, IMO.

Gonna mess around and find out with Telesco

Luckily Tom Brady will clean house after the season of everyone 

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Gonna mess around and find out with Telesco

Luckily Tom Brady will clean house after the season of everyone 

Telesco hasn't proven anything other than he knows how to squander years of elite QB play.

I'm sure Tom already had input on the AP/Telesco hires. He's just now officially becoming an owner but he has been around the team for a long time now.

44 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They won 8 games with AP and Bo Hardagree last year. 

You're saying Telesco is goated and doing a good job, why is the team significantly worse in his first year?

Nobody is saying he is “goated”, just that he had a good first draft.

If Telesco nails the first three picks in all his drafts then it’s a damn sight better than what we’ve been doing in the draft for the past 20+ years. I don’t expect him to do that, but I do think he’ll make smart picks at the top end of the draft which the Raiders seem to be allergic to doing.

Of course he’s not perfect, otherwise the Chargers would have done more during his tenure. I still have my reservations about what kind of HC he’s going to hire (if he even has a say in that process, which might be an even more worrying factor if he doesn’t), and depth will be an issue. I don’t think he’s a top GM by any means, and honestly if Brady does have some kind of say and wants to pull the plug on his tenure I won’t particularly care, but I do think he’ll bring at least some level of stability to our personnel department if we keep him around for a few years.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He had 11 years with the Chargers and during his entire stint there he had a top 10 franchise QB with Rivers or Herbert. Despite having a top tier QB to build around they only made the playoffs three times with two playoff victories. Despite top tier QB play his teams never even got close to sniffing contention and he drafted notoriously poorly in the mid to late rounds.

Ignore cheap ownership, all the injuries and coaches he was made to hang on too past their expiration date. It's not always on the GM. You can't argue he put together some talented rosters, they simply never had coaching.  

But honestly, I couldn't care less what he did with the Chargers. Different owners, different philosophy, etc.

He came in with a clean slate in my book and has performed well thus far. 

• Like 5

For the team not to be one of the worst in the NFL after winning 8 games last season?

You're constantly pointing out the gifted wins against awful backups though? Why use that argument. 

And it's year 1. You want Telesco to compensate for JMDs dismantling of the team in 1 offseason? 

• Like 3

They won 8 games with AP and Bo Hardagree last year. 

You're saying Telesco is goated and doing a good job, why is the team significantly worse in his first year?

Antonio Pierce. He's not an NFL head coach. He gave them the interim bump, it's faded and we are back to the drawing board. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Nobody is saying he is “goated”, just that he had a good first draft.

If Telesco nails the first three picks in all his drafts then it’s a damn sight better than what we’ve been doing in the draft for the past 20+ years. I don’t expect him to do that, but I do think he’ll make smart picks at the top end of the draft which the Raiders seem to be allergic to doing.

Of course he’s not perfect, otherwise the Chargers would have done more during his tenure. I still have my reservations about what kind of HC he’s going to hire (if he even has a say in that process, which might be an even more worrying factor if he doesn’t), and depth will be an issue. I don’t think he’s a top GM by any means, and honestly if Brady does have some kind of say and wants to pull the plug on his tenure I won’t particularly care, but I do think he’ll bring at least some level of stability to our personnel department if we keep him around for a few years.

This year is going be ugly without a QB and a lame duck head coach but we need a bad season. This team needs a stud QB period. Hiring a great coach like Ben Johnson and a stud QB would do wonders. 

• Trade Tae for a 2nd 
  • Spend a top 5 on QB
  • 3 more picks in the first 3 rounds 
  • Sign Tee Higgins to be WR1 , would have 100m in cap space 
  • bring back Spillane, Deablo, J Jones, Hobbs, Moehrig, Mattison on fair value contracts 

QB: R1  / Minshew 

RB:  R3 / Mattison 

WR: Higgins, Meyers, Tucker, R4, Turner/random vet 

TE: Brock / Mayer 

LT: Miller / Munford 

LG: JPJ 

Center: James / Parham 

RG:  R3 - FA Depth 

RT: Glaze 

DE: Maxx,  Robinson/Snowden/Chaisson 

UT: Wilkins,  ? FA depth  

NT:  R2   ,   ?   FA depth 

DE: Wilson, Koonce 

WLB: Deablo, Burney/ Gainer 

MLB: Spillane, Eichenberg 

CB: Jones, Richardson 

CB: Bennett, Holmes/Webb 

CB: Hobbs 

FS: Moehrig, Smith 

SS: Pola , Taylor 

use next year picks 

R1 - QB 

R2-  RG/ DT

R2- DT/ RG

R3 - RB

R4- BPA - build depth and maybe hit on a sleeper or two 

That team is not bad. Guys like Deablo and Wilson would have to play well to have their spot in 2025*The key would be hiring an upgraded coaching staff and getting a franchise QB. We will have over 100m in cap space, so we would be more active in free agency. This is just a modest outlook 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Bowers has obviously been great and JPJ/Glaze are playing but there also one of the main reasons that our offense is absolutely terrible. After that we've gotten literally zero contribution from the other 5 rookies he drafted. 

JPJ/Glaze definitely are definitely not the main reasons for the offense being bad.

53 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Ignore cheap ownership, all the injuries and coaches he was made to hang on too past their expiration date. It's not always on the GM. You can't argue he put together some talented rosters, they simply never had coaching.  

But honestly, I couldn't care less what he did with the Chargers. Different owners, different philosophy, etc.

He came in with a clean slate in my book and has performed well thus far. 

So injuries are an excuse for Telesco 11 years of mid but not for us that has missing players of nearly every position group?