Trade Deadline Discussion

Packerraymond

1 minute ago, Brit Pack said:

Watching Cooper you can see as a rookie that this guy has it. He makes plays, he is present, Quay just ain't it. Seriously Krys Barnes looked better yesterday than Quay.

I mean Devin White is a free agent now...

You want to talk about a guy who is lost, enter Devin White. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I have a blind soft spot for him

I'm not suggesting Walker doesn't need to be replaced, but it has to be an actual upgrade. I'll take his athleticism over Wilson and McDuffie. Heck, Oladepo might be worth a shot. He's a pretty big safety. Wonder if he could handle playing in the box. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm not suggesting Walker doesn't need to be replaced, but it has to be an actual upgrade. I'll take his athleticism over Wilson and McDuffie. Heck, Oladepo might be worth a shot. He's a pretty big safety. Wonder if he could handle playing in the box. 

Need some Hopper to go with Cooper

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, spilltray said:

While Quay is underwhelming for a first round pick, if you didn't know where he was drafted, he's a better LB than people are giving him credit for. We w had actually bad LB play over the years and he isn't one of them.

Sure, many fans (me included) are grading Quay on a curve due to his draft position.  Iffy instincts were the primary red flag on the day he was drafted, and nothing has really changed in that regard during his time in GB.  His physical ability helps to cover some of it, but at this point, I don't see much reason to expect his instincts to significantly improve.  His ceiling is going to be capped unless GB tweaks how he's being used.

8 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Sure, many fans (me included) are grading Quay on a curve due to his draft position.  Iffy instincts were the primary red flag on the day he was drafted, and nothing has really changed in that regard during his time in GB.  His physical ability helps to cover some of it, but at this point, I don't see much reason to expect his instincts to significantly improve.  His ceiling is going to be capped unless GB tweaks how he's being used.

Quay is okay as long as he's not your No. 1 guy out there. He's been playing every snap on defense and by the 2nd half of the season, Cooper effectively needs to replace Quay as the "never leave the field LB." Quay should become the guy who plays 30-35 snaps per game, not 70. 

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The point is at the end of the day he's a solidly above league average LB. For all the fan's angst, I doubt he's someone a coach or front office considers a need to replace.

Also he's been steadily playing better incrementally every game. For a player who isn't instinctual, changing to a new defense will be a process and it seems to me he's having what I hoped for as far as progression. I'm not saying he will be an All Pro, but he's already more of an asset than a liability. 

• Like 1