2025 Titans QB Situation

KingTitan

Klubnik has to be a darkhorse candi

31 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I feel like this past year you had true enough QB prospects. 

Even tho I wasn't a big fan of Williams, I do feel he is a NFL QB.  Just not the generational guy. Then there was Drake Maye and Daniels. 

Then outlier guys that worked up to being prospects like Pennix, Nix and McCarthy. 

This year, it was pretty much Sanders, Ewers and maybe Beck. Ewers and Beck aren't worthy of 1st round pick in my opinion. 

The other guys are guys who will work their way into a draft pick like McCarthy, Nix and Pennix did. 

Ward even said he was graded as a Day 2ish pick, so he decided to go back to school. Has he changed enough to raise that grade? I dunno. I haven't watched closely enough. 

Daniels was also graded lower and raised up so there is that. Have to see how Ward finishes up. But comparatively at this point I would say Daniels was a cleaner player. 

I can talk myself into Milroe. Hearing how great a guy he is and how he works. But man I don't have any faith in this organization to develop anyone. 

Milroe just doesn't come off as a QB that plays the style Cally wants. 

Sanders to me is the best fit as of now but the side stuff with Deion and controlling the draft and likely want to go to a big market, I don't know. 

Ugh. I just hate the feeling of thinking we are gonna reach for a QB. 

At this point last year it was Williams and Maye, period. Daniels rose big time, then so did McCarthy, Pennix and Nix. The majority of people had trouble seeing any of them being 1st round picks even way closer to Draft day than we are. 

The market will dictate how many of them will go 1st round, mostly. There are 5 or 6 teams projected to pick in the top 10, including us, that will no doubt at least test the QB market. Say one of them gets Darnold, that's still at least 4 teams that could very likely target a QB in the upcoming Draft.

And then you have, IMHO, one really great prospect in Ward. Milroe, Allar, Klubnik (never heard him mentioned and there's rarely any talk of him in general) are all high-end traits prospects with not ideal day 1 starting potential. Sanders, I'm still torn on and not sure what to make of him. The little I saw of Dart and Beck I did not particularly like, same goes for Ewers. The LSU kid I haven't yet watched like at all. The beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say, and one thing that's for sure is there will be multiple teams in the market for a new QB picking towards the top of the Draft, in a class that I understand is projected to have a pretty low number of high-end prospects.

And yes, I want Ward and I want him badly.

• Like 1

I have been a Klubnik fan, but he needs a strong performance against South Carolina and a great rest of the season in between to sniff first round status.

He was awful against Georgia, and hasn’t really played a top tier defense since then.

I could come around on a lot of QBs. The season is only halfway through and any fringe QB could have a crazy last six games and suddenly be in the conversation. But for now, I think Milroe, Ward, and Sanders are starting to separate from the rest a little bit, at least to me.

16 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Any chance of getting Browning? Then drafting a QB? I wouldn't mind going into next year with some two deep combo of Rudolph, Browning, rookie QB. 

If they don't love any draft QB. I say Browning and Levis. Try again in 2026.

I'm not one on keeping Rudolph. 

But also maybe taking a QB later? 

Levis is still cheap for a QB. But if it's a distraction then do what you gotta do. 

I'd give Zach Wilson a try way before I'd give it to Jones, myself. But still, it's a no, thanks. For once I want to see them go all-in on really trying to build a team around a prospect. Let it go down in flames if it will, but we're not at a point we can or have to thread water, and even if we were, you bring in a Flacco or Brissett, not Jones or Wilson. We're in rebuild mode, so let's actually start it with a young franchise QB prospect.

I’m not looking forward to going through the debates and the whole draft process about the 2025 QB class. I said it in another thread but I’m don’t know if I have it in me. The 2023 one was exhausting enough for me.

Having said that, this is why Callahan was hired. Ideally it was to turn Will Levis into a franchise QB. That’s not happening but now it looks like he’ll get an opportunity to draft his handpicked young QB of the future to work with. 

These upcoming QB prospects have flaws but there’s talent to work with. They can be successful with proper coaching and the right team structure around them. It’s up to Ran and Callahan to provide that for whichever QB we pick(assuming we do draft one).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I’m not looking forward to going through the debates and the whole draft process about the 2025 QB class. I said it in another thread but I’m don’t know if I have it in me. The 2023 one was exhausting enough for me.

Having said that, this is why Callahan was hired. Ideally it was to turn Will Levis into a franchise QB. That’s not happening but now it looks like he’ll get an opportunity to draft his handpicked young QB of the future to work with. 

These upcoming QB prospects have flaws but there’s talent to work with. They can be successful with proper coaching and the right team structure around them. It’s up to Ran and Callahan to provide that for whichever QB we pick(assuming we do draft one).

I'm really there. 

And a good point that was brought up on the radio:
Are we sure that this team can support a rookie QB next year?

Hopkins will likely be gone.
No Boyd.  No Burks(that it matters). 
NWI?
Who know what the defense will look like?

If Mason comes in and gives a few wins, lowers the chance of an impact player. 

We really are in a sucky place. 

41 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

And a good point that was brought up on the radio:
Are we sure that this team can support a rookie QB next year?

Hopkins will likely be gone.
No Boyd.  No Burks(that it matters). 
NWI?
Who know what the defense will look like?

If Mason comes in and gives a few wins, lowers the chance of an impact player. 

We really are in a sucky place. 

Depends on what you mean by support. Does a rookie QB come in and lead us to a Super Bowl?  Obviously not.

But even after free agency, we'll have: solid protection in three of the five OL spots; two RBs you can lean on; Calvin Ridley and five of our top 7 WRs as things stand.  The receivers are gonna be depleted, but they haven't done a ton so far this year, and we are gonna have plenty of money to re-sign a couple.

Then of course we have a good defense still, just losing a CB and depth DLs.

We have plenty of money to re-sign the necessary guys that cost little (Folk, Stonehouse, Cox, Coburn), re-sign Boyd, Radunz/Watson, and NWI if we want, and still have money leftover for an impact free agent and depth guys.  Say, Mike Williams, hypothetically.

So we go into the draft, and take a QB first, an Edge second, and an OL in the fourth.  That rookie QB comes in with a solid OL, a good duo of RBs, and Calvin Ridley, Mike Williams, Tyler Boyd, and Nick Westbrook-Ikhine as his top four receivers, and a good defense on the other side.  That looks like a good situation to me.

13 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Any chance of getting Browning? Then drafting a QB? I wouldn't mind going into next year with some two deep combo of Rudolph, Browning, rookie QB. 

I don't see why you would bother to keep Rudolph if you sign Browning.  

5 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

I'd give Zach Wilson a try way before I'd give it to Jones, myself. But still, it's a no, thanks. For once I want to see them go all-in on really trying to build a team around a prospect. Let it go down in flames if it will, but we're not at a point we can or have to thread water, and even if we were, you bring in a Flacco or Brissett, not Jones or Wilson. We're in rebuild mode, so let's actually start it with a young franchise QB prospect.

Yeah, while a vet coming in would immediately make us a better team, it probably just makes us a team than competes for a playoff spot, and nothing more.  You have a QB, or you have nothing.  If they want to go the SF route and take an elite player in the first and a Nussmeier or Moss or whoever in the second, sure, I'm OK with that.  Less investment and you still add someone new while building a strong team around them.  But ya gotta draft a QB.

Edited by Daniel

I always come back to the traits Callahan said he looks for in a QB. Decision making, Timing, Accuracy and Toughness. Besides the toughness, these are all traits Levis has struggled with. Also traits to monitor when looking at any potential free agent QB and the QBs in the upcoming draft.

I think one way or another Browning is going to be a primary target for us as either a potential fringe starter or high quality backup. Grab him in FA and go into the draft planning to take a QB. It'd be great to have a guy in the QB room that knows the system for whoever the rookie QB ends up being.

5 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I think one way or another Browning is going to be a primary target for us as either a potential fringe starter or high quality backup. Grab him in FA and go into the draft planning to take a QB. It'd be great to have a guy in the QB room that knows the system for whoever the rookie QB ends up being.

We would have to trade from Browning based on his contract.

he's gonna need to show out against texas for me to start taking this seriously, because as of now he still smells too much like "okay player on a great team." but if you're looking for a traditional pocket passer, he's one of those guys.