Week 7! Eagles @ Giants. Saquon runs home!

UndyTaker

10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So Sirianni asked Saquon if he wanted to try and break his rushing record (13 yds away), Barkley said No, let them eat!! 

https://clutchpoints.com/eagles-news-nick-sirianni-saquon-barkley-gesture-makes-him-special-teammate

I think that's bad on Siriannis part for even asking...IMO...HC Shouldn't be looking at a record during a game...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I think that's bad on Siriannis part for even asking...IMO...HC Shouldn't be looking at a record during a game...

This happens all the time in professional sports.  Even back in the day in 1991 during the Redskins Super Bowl season Mark Rypien was having the game of his life and a chance to break a passing record.  It was a blowout and they started pulling all the starters at the beginning of the 4th qtr and Job Gibbs asked Rypien if he wanted to go back in and he told Joe the win was more important.  This is commonplace and nothing to see here.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Why did I just click go to Quinyon's PFF page and it says his grade for this game was a 53.5 overall with a 51.8 coverage grade.... both of which would be his lowest of the year?

They have him down for giving up 2 receptions for 15 yards.

I remember him almost intercepting a pass after running the double move for Nabers and he seemed like he was in his right zone usually. 

I know PFF doesn't finalize their grades till the next day, but if it still says he played below average when they do finalize then I'm gonna have some questions lol.

They finalized the grades and Quinyon is still at a 53 overall and 51 coverage grade….. smh

2 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

As Casper explained above/below.  This occurs ALL the time in just about every sport in history even by HOF coaches when records are close to being broken. This isn't anything new nor frowned upon! Nick wasn't "looking", he was made aware by the staff in the 3rd QT, Barkley was close.

Like Sirianni said, He himself had some apprehension about putting Barkley back in (just in case of injury) but it was the players decesion in the end and he'd respect it. Thankfully Saquon (like Rypien above) didn't care about that narrative being written , was fine with the win, let the others eat! 

Love it! 

I'd like to point out IF and I do mean "IF" players stay healthy and progress like we hope they do.🤞 The combination of Quinyon,  Cooper, Reed and Sydney on the backend of our defense for years to come has me exciting to say the least. 

Kinda reminds me of the Lito/Sheldon/Lewis/Dawkins years. 

To be clear, no one is Dawkins caliber but the secondary as a whole. Young, Fast, Fundamentally sound and all potential Playmakers!

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

They finalized the grades and Quinyon is still at a 53 overall and 51 coverage grade….. smh

Man some of the pff grading this year has me really confused. A breakdown or explanation of some of the more surprising grades would be nice. People are going to Google Quinyon Mitchell pff and assume he's sucking lol

Edited by EagleBlueDon
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Man some of the pff grading this year has me really confused. A breakdown or explanation of some of the more surprising grades would be nice. People are going to Google Quinyon Mitchell pff and assume he's sucking lol

Giants receivers had 11 catches for 75 yards total.
12 receivers had more including two Vikings.
I am not sure how they graded Mitchell, but it is absurd.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

Giants receivers had 11 catches for 75 yards total.
12 receivers had more including two Vikings.
I am not sure how they graded Mitchell, but it is absurd.

You know that they know everyone is like why the hell is Quinyon graded so low? They should create a new piece for each game explaining why their grading is the way that it is for a surprisingly high or low graded player.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

You know that they know everyone is like why the hell is Quinyon graded so low? They should create a new piece for each game explaining why their grading is the way that it is for a surprisingly high or low graded player.

Yeah, I forget what PFF pod it was on but they would sometimes do an “explain that grade” segment. But you are right that could be a good article idea they could do with maybe 3 of each cause they definitely wouldn’t do it for every team every week.

I just can’t wrap my head around how like every other secondary player had a good grade, but then Quinyon is in the dumps when he only gave up a 9 yard pass to Nabers and 6 yard pass to Robinson.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I forget what PFF pod it was on but they would sometimes do an “explain that grade” segment. But you are right that could be a good article idea they could do with maybe 3 of each cause they definitely wouldn’t do it for every team every week.

I just can’t wrap my head around how like every other secondary player had a good grade, but then Quinyon is in the dumps when he only gave up a 9 yard pass to Nabers and 6 yard pass to Robinson.

It is mainly because PFF grades are terrible and generally not a good barometer of anything any more. Like you can look at them and try to make sense of them, but for the most part you are better off trusting your own eyes.

• Like 1