2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

For those who want us to draft a QB at all costs... 

If speculation is to be believed, the Giants won't be selecting a QB at number 2. They will be interested in drafted OLineman, and Gettleman will certainly consider moving down (if they truly aren't taking a QB). Just something to keep in mind... 

Just now, jetskid007 said:

If speculation is to be believed, the Giants won't be selecting a QB at number 2. They will be interested in drafted OLineman, and Gettleman will certainly consider moving down (if they truly aren't taking a QB). Just something to keep in mind... 

Giants and Colts could be trade up targets.

We're armed with an additional 2nd to help the loss of a premium pick.

7 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I’ve been saying this for awhile. They need OLine help more than QB.

6 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I've had a vision though. 
Every time we've had the 6th pick under Macc it's been the same story: no QB, BPA falls to us, no trades available... so we take the best player. 

Sign Kirk Cousins. Draft Saquon Barkley. 

I’d be one happy sob

Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Barkley, Fitzpatrick, Chubb. You would think that we'd land one of those guys.

If we actually get a QB before the draft, Barkley, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Nelson, Williams.

I mean you gotta feel good how this all played out for the Jets.

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:44 PM, jetskid007 said:

Figured I would make this thread separate from the scouting thread considering we can start narrowing down projects for our picks, trades, comps, rumors, etc. 

Draft Picks: 

• 1(6) 
  • 2(37) 
  • 2(48) via SEA 
  • 3(72) 
  • 4(___) 
  • 5(___) via DAL 
  • 6(___) 
  • 7(___) via SEA

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

666 isn’t exactly lucky.

The only place where 777 is lucky is Atlantic City. Now our next big worry is some team or teams trying to jump us to get either the Giants or Colts picks. What surprised me was how many people on this board were so upset that Hack never got any playing time, I don't understand it either. No reason why Hack couldn't get some playing time in the second half, the game was out of hand by halftime. Bowles is a outstanding defensive coach, but I still believe he is not head coach material.

My New Year resolution for 2018 is not to go crazy if Mac picks a defensive player with the sixth overall pick.

9 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

I've had a vision though. 
Every time we've had the 6th pick under Macc it's been the same story: no QB, BPA falls to us, no trades available... so we take the best player. 

Sign Kirk Cousins. Draft Saquon Barkley. 

This would be ideal. Our offense would become a force overnight. 

12 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Giants and Colts could be trade up targets.

We're armed with an additional 2nd to help the loss of a premium pick.

That is my worry also, I was just going bring that up, but you beat me to the punch. There will be teams for sure that will try to get one of those teams picks. We know it is almost certain that the Browns & Denver  will go QB, and there still a strong chance the Giants will also go QB, Eli is starting to slip. Nothing is going to happen till the FA period starts and that is a long way off it don't start till March 9 2018.

Archived