2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Want GA to win or just like the back and forth?

Want UGA to win and for Baker to make it a good game. If Baker ties it up and UGA makes a game winning drive. I'm complete. Baker looks good as a prospect and the team I'm rooting for makes it to the championship game. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Want UGA to win and for Baker to make it a good game. If Baker ties it up and UGA makes a game winning drive. I'm complete. Baker looks good as a prospect and the team I'm rooting for makes it to the championship game. 

Boom! 

This is probably why I wanted Baker to light it up. 

Now we have a shot at any QB especially if Darnold comes out. If we are able to trade up to #3, we could potentially end up with Baker, Rosen, or Darnold pending on how things go. 

I think we need to boil down where QBs could be moving because that drastically changes everything.

Kirk Cousins - Broncos, Jets, Browns, Bills - this will largely depend on what Kirk wants

Alex Smith - Jags or Browns will probably be the team's in play. I think Jags make the most sense but the Browns can offer a higher 2nd and they may be okay with Kizer plus a QB at #4. They could trade out of #1 for a Kings Randsom. I think they'd be happy with Mayfield or Allen and I'd have to imagine one of those would be there at #4

Bridgewater/Keenum - I think both go back to the Vikings for a year

McCarron - I think he gets hit with a 1st round tender or is franchised, I think they will cut Dalton.

Dalton - I want no part of him

Bortles - I'd have no problem with signing him to a Glennon type prove it deal and trading to #4 to get Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield

My Guess:

Broncos - Cousins

Browns - Smith + Darnold

Jags - Tyrod

Cardinals - Bradford

Redskins - Dalton

Bills - trade up for Allen

Jets - Bortles + Mayfield

I don’t see the Jags moving on without Bortles quite yet. I think they give him another year and pick up his 5th year option to see how he does next season. I think the Bills stay with Tyrod. And I think there’s a good chance McCarron is an UFA. Maybe he goes to Cleveland and that shakes up the whole draft.

40 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

This is probably why I wanted Baker to light it up. 

Now we have a shot at any QB especially if Darnold comes out. If we are able to trade up to #3, we could potentially end up with Baker, Rosen, or Darnold pending on how things go. 

Can't judge Baker on one night, but I agree with your point. Baker's 2017 season was great. For a QB needy team, he looks like a safe, worthy top 12 pick. Darnold, Rosen were on worse teams, but have higher potential as passers. Allen has more talent than all of them, but is also the most raw and most difficult to project.

Archived