2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

40 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You clearly didn’t watch much Jacksonville or Carolina games then. Bc Fournette when he was healthy was great. McCaffrey was at sometimes the whole offense of Carolina on days. Your philosophy is flawed big time. Every draft you can say that about every single position that there was a few mid late round gems. Let’s not target a qb early than bc Brady was a 7th Rounder, Dak was a 4th, Cousins Round 4, Wilson Round 3, Taylor Round 6, want me to keep going? And don’t get me started on great mid Round OGs. You mentioned Nelson (who I do like) but nearly every rams tarring OGs are mid Round draft picks.

There are absolutely situations where drafting a RB in the top 10 is acceptable, at this point I would need to say we are not in that position. Maybe come draft time depending on moves we've made I'd consider it but with how slim Edge is in FA it would lead me to believe our only option will be the draft. I think he could go #1 overall allowing Allen, Darnold, Rosen to drop to #4 and then the Browns could trade up with the Colts to take Allen or Darnold. This would allow the Colts to still land Chubb and pick up an extra pick. The Browns actually have too many draft picks for their available roster slots. (55 players under contract for next year) Jetskid was actually the one that brought that to my attention. I expect them to trade their picks for better players or to push draft picks to a future year.

38 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

There are absolutely situations where drafting a RB in the top 10 is acceptable, at this point I would need to say we are not in that position. Maybe come draft time depending on moves we've made I'd consider it but with how slim Edge is in FA it would lead me to believe our only option will be the draft. I think he could go #1 overall allowing Allen, Darnold, Rosen to drop to #4 and then the Browns could trade up with the Colts to take Allen or Darnold. This would allow the Colts to still land Chubb and pick up an extra pick. The Browns actually have too many draft picks for their available roster slots. (55 players under contract for next year) Jetskid was actually the one that brought that to my attention. I expect them to trade their picks for better players or to push draft picks to a future year.

Completely agree. My situation on where I want Barkley at 6 is if we get a QB in FA and get an olineman or 2 in FA as well. Let’s say we get Cousins or Bridgewater and add Jensen and Norwell gettinga star RB would be perfect.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Completely agree. My situation on where I want Barkley at 6 is if we get a QB in FA and get an olineman or 2 in FA as well. Let’s say we get Cousins or Bridgewater and add Jensen and Norwell gettinga star RB would be perfect.

Personally, I can't see us adding two lineman and a QB in FA.  Even if we have money to blow through, that's a minimum of 40-50 mil right there alone. 

8 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Personally, I can't see us adding two lineman and a QB in FA.  Even if we have money to blow through, that's a minimum of 40-50 mil right there alone. 

I don’t think our G situation is as bad as it seems. I think adding a really good C will make the G play improve. But adding a Norwell or someone like that should be an option for us. 

10 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Likely $22M per year for the 2 lineman. I'd take them as soon as FA started and if that helps lure Cousins here then even better. Worse case scenario you just built a formidable OL for the rookie QB we are going to bring in. If the Transition tag is placed on Cousins we are probably talking ~$60M or so for just those 3 because the Cousins deal would need to be heavily front loaded. Would leave us $40-50M to resign our own players and look for help elsewhere. 

19 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

Likely $22M per year for the 2 lineman. I'd take them as soon as FA started and if that helps lure Cousins here then even better. Worse case scenario you just built a formidable OL for the rookie QB we are going to bring in. If the Transition tag is placed on Cousins we are probably talking ~$60M or so for just those 3 because the Cousins deal would need to be heavily front loaded. Would leave us $40-50M to resign our own players and look for help elsewhere. 

If we get two lineman and Cousins, first year is prob about 55 mil.  Given how many needs we have, I don't see it personally.

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

If we get two lineman and Cousins, first year is prob about 55 mil.  Given how many needs we have, I don't see it personally.

What would you consider our needs if QB, C, LG are taken care of? I don't think there is a viable option for pass rusher available in FA so that IMO would be something we address in the draft.

2 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

What would you consider our needs if QB, C, LG are taken care of? I don't think there is a viable option for pass rusher available in FA so that IMO would be something we address in the draft.

Exactly. The 2 edge guys aren’t going anywhere in Ansah and Lawrence. So that need will have to be addressed in the draft or a trade. If we can get a QB, C and OG we are in a good spot. CB is the other need I’d like to see us address in FA.

28 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

We need at least 1 corner, potentially 2, need to figure out our DE situation, could use another receiver, and likely will need at least 25 mil or so to re-sign guys.  Given the depth at center in the draft, we'd be better off waiting for that.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I wanted Cook as well. But I think he wasn’t even on our draft board bc of off the field issues and we are trying to clean up the locker room. But... if we like Kamara that much, then why didn’t we trade up for him? That’s my question.

You are right, but I don't have the answer for not going after Kamara. He sure turn out to be the real deal.

12 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

You guys are crazy if you thought the Jets would draft Cook last year. The guy will be out of the league in a few years and is a MASSIVE problem with all the negative headlines. You can get in a lot more trouble in New York than Minn.

All I know is that the Orlando Sentinel did not write one negative article on Cook. And all the local radio never said any negative thing about him either. However there were on Winston & Arron Hernandez and Callaway (who is the best receiver in the draft but big time trouble ) and the rest of the gangsters  who play for the Florida Gators. I live in the Orlando area now. And by the way it is only 51 degrees today and we are all freezing down here today.

10 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

All I know is that the Orlando Sentinel did not write one negative article on Cook. And all the local radio never said any negative thing about him either. However there were on Winston & Arron Hernandez and Callaway (who is the best receiver in the draft but big time trouble ) and the rest of the gangsters  who play for the Florida Gators. I live in the Orlando area now. And by the way it is only 51 degrees today and we are all freezing down here today.

He chained up some puppies to the point where they were choking and Punched a Chick outside of a bar when he was 19 in Tallahassee 

Archived