2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Wouldn’t take Barkley or any RB for that matter over these other guys. 

Rosen, Darnold, Nelson, Fitzpatrick, Jackson, Chubb, Davenport, Allen, Williams.

We don’t have the luxury at the moment 

Well you say that but if we sign Cousins, an OG and a CB in FA (which is all very possible) than most the players on your list are crossed off bc we've addressed that need. I don't rate Davenport even close to 6th pick in the draft type talent. Chubb I do though. Barkley would finally give us a difference maker on offense at a skill position. Every time this franchise has been good, we've had a great run game. I'm not saying this need cant be addressed later in the draft with other good talents, but you can say that really with any position. I mean lets look at OG for instance why draft Nelson when you get most quality OGs later in the draft?

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Well you say that but if we sign Cousins, an OG and a CB in FA (which is all very possible) than most the players on your list are crossed off bc we've addressed that need. I don't rate Davenport even close to 6th pick in the draft type talent. Chubb I do though. Barkley would finally give us a difference maker on offense at a skill position. Every time this franchise has been good, we've had a great run game. I'm not saying this need cant be addressed later in the draft with other good talents, but you can say that really with any position. I mean lets look at OG for instance why draft Nelson when you get most quality OGs later in the draft?

If it came down to Barkey or Nelson I’m taking he stud OL. 

I just don’t value RB that high. Sure you can point to Elliot, Fournette, Gurley and AP but the best value for RBs is right in the middle of the draft. 

But yes it really depends on how FA looks and even then we can’t fill every major need. 

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I just don’t value RB that high. Sure you can point to Elliot, Fournette, Gurley and AP but the best value for RBs is right in the middle of the draft. 

But yes it really depends on how FA looks and even then we can’t fill every major need. 

I guess you haven't watch much football his year, look what Todd Gurley, Leonard Fournette, & Bell have done for their teams this year. How could think of taking a guard over a top running back.

5 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

That’s a matter of opinion I guess, which is ok. Bc I value RB very high.

I think we will have our choice of Rosen, Mayfield or Allen. The Browns will pick up Foles, Bradford, Bridgewater someone along those lines to be there QB. I still think Jackson like Kizer. Broncos will sign Cousins which I am happy for because Cousins is not worth that money. Sam D will get picked by the Giants. The jets will have there choice and I hope it is either Mayfield or Rosen. I still think Allen is 2-3 years away from being a starting QB and we don't have time i.e Hack. This is how I see the top 6 picks. I don't think you will see any trades in the top 6 this year. Too much good value will fall and it is not worth the price to trade up.

1. Browns = Barkley

2. Giants = Sam D.

3. Colts = Chubbs

4. Browns = Fitz

5. Broncos = Nelson

6. Jets = Rosen/Mayfield 

This will be a very hard decision to make for the jets. I like both guys but in the end they will take Mayfield. Rosen will slid down. 

48 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think we will have our choice of Rosen, Mayfield or Allen. The Browns will pick up Foles, Bradford, Bridgewater someone along those lines to be there QB. I still think Jackson like Kizer. Broncos will sign Cousins which I am happy for because Cousins is not worth that money. Sam D will get picked by the Giants. The jets will have there choice and I hope it is either Mayfield or Rosen. I still think Allen is 2-3 years away from being a starting QB and we don't have time i.e Hack. This is how I see the top 6 picks. I don't think you will see any trades in the top 6 this year. Too much good value will fall and it is not worth the price to trade up.

1. Browns = Barkley

2. Giants = Sam D.

3. Colts = Chubbs

4. Browns = Fitz

5. Broncos = Nelson

6. Jets = Rosen/Mayfield 

This will be a very hard decision to make for the jets. I like both guys but in the end they will take Mayfield. Rosen will slid down. 

I’m trying to tell if this is a joke or not. You think the Browns with either of there picks won’t go QB? Wow.

Wouldn't be against Barkley but with how deep this RB class is and the value of the position itself I would go another direction primarily I'd go with Chubb, Davenport, Josh Jackson, Or Nelson. If we address QB in offseason I would rather grab Davenport or Chubb with Ronald Jones than go Barkley and O.O. Or Armstrong.

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

1. Browns = Barkley

2. Giants = Sam D.

3. Colts = Chubbs

4. Browns = Fitz

5. Broncos = Nelson

6. Jets = Rosen/Mayfield 

I would trade 6th to Browns for those 2nd and 3rd round picks plus 2019 1st and 2nd plus 2020 1st to just let them take Mayfield.

If we sign Cousins all options are on the table. Wouldn’t surprise me if one of Nelson/Barkley/Fitzpatrick were the pick. 

Drafting Barkley in a RB rich draft is no different then drafting Adams was in a S rich draft. If he’s the BPA you still take him regardless who will be available in rounds 2-7. 

2 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

If we sign Cousins all options are on the table. Wouldn’t surprise me if one of Nelson/Barkley/Fitzpatrick were the pick. 

Drafting Barkley in a RB rich draft is no different then drafting Adams was in a S rich draft. If he’s the BPA you still take him regardless who will be available in rounds 2-7. 

Absolutely agree. Agree with the 3 names you mentioned as well. I’d add Chubb to that list though too. Obviously 1 of those 4 or possibly even 2 might be gone by our pick but I’d have to imagine that if we sign Cousins... Barkley, Chubb, Nelson or Fitzpatrick would be the pick. And I rate them in that order.

4 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

I think it is less about whether or not it is a deep RB draft, and more about what the team thinks the drop off is between Barkley and the RB we can get in the 2nd, and the difference between say Nelson and the OG we can get in the 2nd.  I personally think Barkley is a talented guy, but there are other RB's in this draft who are just as good on the field, and I don't have a big gap between Barkley and the next handful of guys mostly due to his between the tackle running and not running like a 230lb guy.  Nelson however is light years better than the next G that can even be had in the late first round.  Nelson could end up being the best OG in the league and I don't think it would surprise many people.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Absolutely agree. Agree with the 3 names you mentioned as well. I’d add Chubb to that list though too. Obviously 1 of those 4 or possibly even 2 might be gone by our pick but I’d have to imagine that if we sign Cousins... Barkley, Chubb, Nelson or Fitzpatrick would be the pick. And I rate them in that order.

All this talk about all these different players doesn't mean nothing. We only have the sixth pick in the draft, and we don't pick again for 37 picks 90% of the players who has been mention for weeks we be long gone. The most important thing right now is the FA period coming up next month. If we can come up with two top players in the FA Market that will be the KEY to our draft.. We have no control over the first five picks in the draft, it is a wait and see proposition. Josh Rosen is the best QB in the draft, but if Mac takes one of the others who might fall if not Rosen I support him 100%. As much as I am not crazy about Mac he has a monumental job in this offseason, to build a real Offensive team.

10 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I guess you haven't watch much football his year, look what Todd Gurley, Leonard Fournette, & Bell have done for their teams this year. How could think of taking a guard over a top running back.

Where was Bell picked?

Gurley wasn't good last year they rebuilt that Line and he played better

Fournette has a great O-Line in front of him

Guess you haven't watched much football this year.

Dont patronize me for valuing O-Line over Running Back.

Archived