2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure it would be surprising if the Jets don't select a quarterback at 6 if Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield are still available and Kirk Cousins signs with another team. In my mock draft I have this happening with Bradley Chubb being the pick at 6.

I was wondering how likely you all think Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson would be targets of the Jets at 6?

17 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I'm sure it would be surprising if the Jets don't select a quarterback at 6 if Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield are still available and Kirk Cousins signs with another team. In my mock draft I have this happening with Bradley Chubb being the pick at 6.

I was wondering how likely you all think Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson would be targets of the Jets at 6?

Lamar Jackson no don't think he's the type of QB our FO likes, Josh Allen I could see as he's big, has a cannon and is mobile but would prefer Baker over either of them.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Its too early to tell. Projections are incredibly rangy for those two. Ive seen them be top 10 and ive seen them mocked all the way to round 2.

As for Lamar Jackson,  i feel his criticism is somewhat unfair. Hes as athletic as Allen (not as strong an arm tho) but not as raw either. Jackson reminds me a lot of Dashaun Watson though, for whatever that's worth.

If the Jets dont take a qb at 6, then they arent drafting  a qb. Miami and AZ will draft those guys if they fall to them 

24 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Its too early to tell. Projections are incredibly rangy for those two. Ive seen them be top 10 and ive seen them mocked all the way to round 2.

As for Lamar Jackson,  i feel his criticism is somewhat unfair. Hes as athletic as Allen (not as strong an arm tho) but not as raw either. Jackson reminds me a lot of Dashaun Watson though, for whatever that's worth.

If the Jets dont take a qb at 6, then they arent drafting  a qb. Miami and AZ will draft those guys if they fall to them 

It's hard to imagine I know, but I've got Miami going after Marcus Davenport and Arizona, Rashaan Evans. 16. Ravens get Mayfield and 17. Chargers get Josh Allen. Cardinals re-sign Blaine Gabbert and sign Sam Bradford. Dolphins pick up Tannehill's option and like his prospects better than Mayfield and think it's more necessary to add talent of defense with Wake and Suh high-potential cuts in the coming year. Dolphins also desperately need talent to bolster their linebacking corps. Arizona has a huge hole in the middle linebacker part of their defense and Evans is their guy to be the teams leader and future while Karlos Dansby sticks around one more year. Arizona is trying to compete this year with a shaky Seahawks team and very young Rams and 49ers in their division. Baltimore gets a replacement for Joe Flacco sooner than later after his back injury set him back last year. Josh Allen can sit behind Phillip Rivers and learn for up to two more seasons if needed. Jets solidfy their front seven with Bradley Chubb or draft Lamar Jackson IMO.

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I'm not an Allen fan. But in a scenario like that, I do think we draft Allen. And I wont be happy about it.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm not an Allen fan. But in a scenario like that, I do think we draft Allen. And I wont be happy about it.

I think the Jets will project Allen as a poor fit in the New York media market given the supposed timeframe of his development and wont want to chance it. He also played in Wyoming and the jump might be another concern they have. Mayfield on the surface seems like a safe pick because of his intangibles for leadership but he is raw and undersized. I doubt the Jets fall in love with Mayfield or feel compelled to reach that high again after Mark Sanchez didn't pan out for them. Chubb is safe, fots a position of need, and they can find a free agent in McCown and Keenum or develop a guy like Kurt Benkurt or Luke Falk.

Archived