2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

The guy hasn’t played in 2 years man and was very middle of the road when he did. It’d take some serious balls for this staff to hedge their bets on him.

I think there’s a very very slim chance they pass on Rosen/Darnold/Mayfied assuming any of them are there, and I think one will be. 

My thinking is clearly different than yours and that’s ok. I don’t think any QB in this draft class stands a really great chance of being a great franchise QB. What I do know is that Teddy can play in this league. Picking him up (if we miss out on Cousins) allows us 1st off to use that 6th pick on a top talent like Barkley, Nelson or Chubb. It also still leaves us with a significant amount of cap space to address other needs. No Teddy won’t ever be Rodgers, but if we make our defense great and commit to the run and have a good OLine we can win and go to the playoffs consistently. Surely he’s a risk coming off injury but everything points to that he’s healed from everything Minnesota has said. He’s not my 1st option but he’s my 2nd.

1. Get Cousins

2. Get Bridgewater

3. Stay at 6 and draft BA QB and resign McCown

It would be smarter of McCarron and Bridgewater if they signed with any team that doesn't hold any top 10 pick.  Signing them won't avert drafting top qb prospect.  Remember both seek for playing time after a lack of action for 2 years.   Cardinals are perfect option for either one and I have no idea who is another team that fits the strategy.   Broncos or Jets signing one and then trading down from top pick is a possibility.    A shot in the dark would be Browns selecting Barkley and Nelson in top 5 to support McCarron.  Who knows.

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My thinking is clearly different than yours and that’s ok. I don’t think any QB in this draft class stands a really great chance of being a great franchise QB. What I do know is that Teddy can play in this league. Picking him up (if we miss out on Cousins) allows us 1st off to use that 6th pick on a top talent like Barkley, Nelson or Chubb. It also still leaves us with a significant amount of cap space to address other needs. No Teddy won’t ever be Rodgers, but if we make our defense great and commit to the run and have a good OLine we can win and go to the playoffs consistently. Surely he’s a risk coming off injury but everything points to that he’s healed from everything Minnesota has said. He’s not my 1st option but he’s my 2nd.

1. Get Cousins

2. Get Bridgewater

3. Stay at 6 and draft BA QB and resign McCown

I don't know about Bridgewater he is still a question mark, I  think we will know more about him as time go on. I know it is a waste of time but I am fascinated by Barkley. He is the closest thing to Bo Jackson since Jackson playing time, no question about that.

Such an interesting class. Projecting the top 4 QB big board can 256 different possibilities and none of them can be deemed blatantly wrong. 

I feel the QBs will be drafted based on individual preference more so than a unanimous "league" opinion, which means that any 4 QBs are possibilities for the Browns at 1. 

52 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Such an interesting class. Projecting the top 4 QB big board can 256 different possibilities and none of them can be deemed blatantly wrong. 

I feel the QBs will be drafted based on individual preference more so than a unanimous "league" opinion, which means that any 4 QBs are possibilities for the Browns at 1. 

I agree and I think no one knows what the NYG will do. QB, Barkley or Nelson all make sense.

I think we can safely say we will come out of this draft with 1 of Barkley, Nelson, Chubb, Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield or Allen more than likely.

I just don't see the Giants taking a QB. They want to win now and having a QB sit the bench for the next three years is a waste of a #2 overall pick. This is what I think will happen.

1. Browns = They will take Barkley. The Browns like all 4 QB and will pick the one they want at 4. I don't expect the Browns to trade at all.

2. Giants = They will take Nelson to replace the falling apart line. He can play G or T. They want to keep Eli up and he can be deadly. 

3. Colts = No one wants to trade because most teams will wait for the QB to fall to them. Colts are stuck with the pick and just don't want to give it away. They will take the best D person in the draft and select Chubb who is going to be a beast i.e Von Miller type guy.

4. Browns = The Browns played it right and still have the choice out of all the guys. They will take Allen here. Darnald not throwing and showing signs of a turn over machine turns the Browns off. Mayfield height scares them. Rosen really does not want to play for them. I don't care what he said read between the lines.

5. Denver = Elway is mad that Allen is taken off the board. He goes ahead and takes Darnald and is some what happy that he fell to them.

6. Jets = The jets end up in a very good spot with Rosen and Mayfield on the board. They will get some offers from the Cards and Bills but in the end the jets take a guy that will be their QB for the next 12-15 years. The jets select Baker Mayfield. They love that he has the it factor and can play from day one. They love his attitude and so do the jet fans. 

Cousins signs with the Vikings for 28 mill a year. He took less money to be with a contender now. 

4 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I just don't see the Giants taking a QB. They want to win now and having a QB sit the bench for the next three years is a waste of a #2 overall pick. This is what I think will happen.

1. Browns = They will take Barkley. The Browns like all 4 QB and will pick the one they want at 4. I don't expect the Browns to trade at all.

2. Giants = They will take Nelson to replace the falling apart line. He can play G or T. They want to keep Eli up and he can be deadly. 

3. Colts = No one wants to trade because most teams will wait for the QB to fall to them. Colts are stuck with the pick and just don't want to give it away. They will take the best D person in the draft and select Chubb who is going to be a beast i.e Von Miller type guy.

4. Browns = The Browns played it right and still have the choice out of all the guys. They will take Allen here. Darnald not throwing and showing signs of a turn over machine turns the Browns off. Mayfield height scares them. Rosen really does not want to play for them. I don't care what he said read between the lines.

5. Denver = Elway is mad that Allen is taken off the board. He goes ahead and takes Darnald and is some what happy that he fell to them.

6. Jets = The jets end up in a very good spot with Rosen and Mayfield on the board. They will get some offers from the Cards and Bills but in the end the jets take a guy that will be their QB for the next 12-15 years. The jets select Baker Mayfield. They love that he has the it factor and can play from day one. They love his attitude and so do the jet fans. 

Cousins signs with the Vikings for 28 mill a year. He took less money to be with a contender now. 

I think the only way we take Mayfield is if he’s the only one of the 4 left by our pick. He just isn’t the type of QB Macc likes particularly. He’d go Rosen in this situation imo.

On 3/4/2018 at 4:54 PM, Bobby816 said:

I think the only way we take Mayfield is if he’s the only one of the 4 left by our pick. He just isn’t the type of QB Macc likes particularly. He’d go Rosen in this situation imo.

He's not a Mac QB based off of size, but Mac has never selected a good QB or influenced the selection of a QB. Maybe he'll change his train of thought. Besides that, Mayfield is the best fit for the offense based on skill set. 

Josh Allen to Cleveland is going to continue to pick up steam from here on out; the question is who will the Jets prefer out of Darnold/Mayfield/Rosen? I think Darnold, but have tracked a lot of links between Rosen-Maccagnan. 

Archived