2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

4 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I think you are probably right. It shouldn't be that way but I'm sure some Jets are cautious of Darnold after the Sanchez bust. Other recent USC QB bust are Matt Leinart and Matt Barkley. 

Browns fans are probably equally scared of Mayfield after they bombed on Johnny Football.

Jonny football wasnt a bomb, just a media ploy.... EVERYONE knew he was a bust. The browns wanted to makea splash and sell tickets so they drafted him... similar to what the Broncos did with Tebow... we all knew they sucked but they sold jerseys and some owners care a lot about that.

15 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

I find it funny how we tend to undervalue athleticism at the qb spot. 

Jackson immediately becomes our most athletic player. Faster than Cam but bigger than Vick. He will have 1500 rushing and passing yards a season, maybe not as a rookie but athletic qbs often dont have to be as accurate as defenses are so concerned with containing him.

Not that I want to limit him but ideally I would hope he didn't need to run for 1,500 yards.  I was thinking 3,000-3,400 yards and 600-1,000 yards rushing. 

12 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Not that I want to limit him but ideally I would hope he didn't need to run for 1,500 yards.  I was thinking 3,000-3,400 yards and 600-1,000 yards rushing. 

I think the problem with mobile qbs is teams dont want em getting hurt so they try and limit their running. Truth is, the team and himself and prob better off using his legs moreso than that. Hes as good a runner as thrower, if not slightly better

23 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Jonny football wasnt a bomb, just a media ploy.... EVERYONE knew he was a bust. The browns wanted to makea splash and sell tickets so they drafted him... similar to what the Broncos did with Tebow... we all knew they sucked but they sold jerseys and some owners care a lot about that.

You are wrong he could play, but he became a total head case and wrecked his career.

16 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

You are wrong he could play, but he became a total head case and wrecked his career.

He had bust written on him day 1, undersized run first QB who struggled to play within a structured offense and just chucked it up to Mike Evans most of the time.

Relatively speaking. Manziel was no different from Mayfield in college. That’s not me saying Mayfield will go down the same path... but it’s similar.

What did Manziel do wrong in college? Nothing really. It was his showboating (Mayfield). His partying (Mayfield has gotten in trouble for partying). Etc.

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Relatively speaking. Manziel was no different from Mayfield in college. That’s not me saying Mayfield will go down the same path... but it’s similar.

What did Manziel do wrong in college? Nothing really. It was his showboating (Mayfield). His partying (Mayfield has gotten in trouble for partying). Etc.

They didn't play anything alike 

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We are going to have to agree to disagree on that otherwise we will have a long debate about this. So I’ll just leave it as let’s agree to disagree.

For real tho. Mayfield doesn't have a mike evens level guy and reads defenses pretty well. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

If there is one main difference between them (and I believe there are many) Manziel never put the time in.  He didn't even know the plays when he was in cleveland, teammates had to help him with play calls IN THE HUDDLE.  Can you honestly see Baker doing that?  The guy is 20 times more driven than Manziel ever was.  He has been working with Chad Pennington, and it is reported that teams have been very impressed with him on the white board.  This guy will put in the hours, Manziel partied for hours.  Also, and this is no small deal, Manziel has an actual clinical condition.  He has bipolar disorder.  That is a real thing that can really ruin someones life if they don't have a handle on it.  

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

There's no defense in the Big 12. However Mayfield shredded a great Georgia defense.

I went through it before, but if i remember correctly he shredded like 3 or 4 top 10 D's and some that were top 20.

29 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I went through it before, but if i remember correctly he shredded like 3 or 4 top 10 D's and some that were top 20.

Plus the dude has never lost on the road. 

Now I do see why people make that comparison but when I see Mayfield look off safties and throw why good anticipation I feel the comparison starts to fall apart. 

I also agree that bi-polar disorder is something that is very serious if not properly controlled. 

Archived