Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

I think we go get three bigger names at least and have zero worries locking up Winston, Evans etc.

Sweezy - $5.8

Gholston - $6.5

Jackson - $10

Ayers - $6

I doubt these guys will be on the team come next season. That's Winston max extension right there and of that group who would we miss...?

The word is out I think McCoy is gone and we are switching to a 3-4. There's another $12+ for this season. If and when we switch how much longer does David and his $8.75 cap number stick around? 

26 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

I think we go get three bigger names at least and have zero worries locking up Winston, Evans etc.

Sweezy - $5.8

Gholston - $6.5

Jackson - $10

Ayers - $6

I doubt these guys will be on the team come next season. That's Winston max extension right there and of that group who would we miss...?

The word is out I think McCoy is gone and we are switching to a 3-4. There's another $12+ for this season. If and when we switch how much longer does David and his $8.75 cap number stick around? 

Don't think we're cutting these two. We can't move on from all these guys and more in one off-season IMO, that's a ton of depth to replace when we already have spots on the roster we need to fill or upgrade at.

I think you're trying to compress like 2-3 off-season into one...

5 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Don't think we're cutting these two. We can't move on from all these guys and more in one off-season IMO, that's a ton of depth to replace when we already have spots on the roster we need to fill or upgrade at.

I think you're trying to compress like 2-3 off-season into one...

I said "come next season". Two of the four or all four might be on the team this season upcoming season but the following year I hope none of them are. We are in more trouble than I thought if this group of guys needs to be eased off the team over a two or three year span.   

21 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

I said "come next season". Two of the four or all four might be on the team this season upcoming season but the following year I hope none of them are. We are in more trouble than I thought if this group of guys needs to be eased off the team over a two or three year span.   

Ok, misunderstood that you meant 2019, not 2018.

I agree with that part that by 2019 none of those guys will likely be around...

1 hour ago, deuces22wild said:

Sweezy - $5.8

Gholston - $6.5

Jackson - $10

Ayers - $6

Sweezy, Ayers, Gholston are justifiable cuts to clear cap space. These guys aren’t producing for what they are paid at. Jackson I’d keep even at his age because he is a top #2 WR in the league. He would of had a pro bowl season had Winston played up to his potential. But yeah, Alexander contract shouldn’t be top crazy. I expect 7mil for him, Evans around 16, and Winston possibly 20-21 mil. Not worried about being in cap hell Bucs already have room and every year the cap goes up. McCoy in two years will probably take a pay cut if his play drops.

Jameis is gonna get one of those $30M contracts. There's a reason Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan are waiting for Kirk Cousins to get paid. Once Cousins sets the market, every QB who's worth a spit is gonna get a huge contract. And as long as the cap keeps rising, QB contracts will too.

13 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I'm not sure I want to go the Richard Sherman route. He's coming off 2 Achilles injuries. They rob you of speed/athleticism...

He's going to have no shortage of suitors based on his past and will get overpaid...

Not saying it won't hurt him but Sherman never relied on his speed.  He's a physical corner and that's how he wins those match ups.

Archived