Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

6 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

Over the cap has us down for having $62,000,000 in space next year. That's with Jackson $10,000,000, Sweezy $5,200,000 still on the roster. Should be sniffing $80,000,000. Cap goes up and then do we look at moving on from McCoy at 31 years old and his $13,000,000 cap hit.  

We were at like $90M just last week.

5 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I think you're pretty close. So conservatively, estimate our rookie class takes up $4-5 million, so we should have approx. $18-20 million left. I'm sure there is so dead money in there we're missing, so I'll say we likely have around $15 million remaining we could allocate.

I'dd love to see us sign a veteran DB heading into the draft, would really set this off-season over the top and give us flexibility in the draft...

I think I read somewhere (otc?) that signing draft picks is gonna cost $8-9M this year.

And we're only at $800K in dead money. Greenburg is #good with our cap.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think I read somewhere (otc?) that signing draft picks is gonna cost $8-9M this year.

And we're only at $800K in dead money. Greenburg is #good with our cap.

Oh wow, I was way off lol. So we really do have closer to my $15 million estimation lol...

Today was a good day. That’s one need addressed, but we still need Oline help, running back and secondary help.

The perfect scenario is trading back, allowing us to hit all three positions in the first two rounds. Failing that, I think we go Safety, Running Back, with oline depth being brought in in round 4.

If we don't trade down in the first or second, I'm sure we'll package one of our sixes to move up into the third. Licht likes to move up and get his guy, and I don't doubt we'll do it again.

Hell, even if we do trade down and recoup a third, we'll probably move up somewhere to get our guy.

I’m watching Nelson’s film and I can’t help but hope we draft him. 

Yes, our secondary is absolutely dire, yes we need a RB, but an interior line of Nelson - Jensen - Marpet should give us a solid foundation on the most important unit on the team.

1 minute ago, Buc Ball said:

I’m watching Nelson’s film and I can’t help but hope we draft him. 

Yes, our secondary is absolutely dire, yes we need a RB, but an interior line of Nelson - Jensen - Marpet should give us a solid foundation on the most important unit on the team.

Read somewhere that scouts were actually laughing watching his tape because he just murders dudes.

Archived