The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/13/2024 at 11:54 PM, malak1 said:

Beterbiev is a damn machine. Him and Bivol are next. Can’t wait. 

No one has been able to contend with his power so far. That said, he's starting to show his age and Bivol is a level above anyone Beterbiev has faced.

23 minutes ago, RaidersForever said:

No one has been able to contend with his power so far. That said, he's starting to show his age and Bivol is a level above anyone Beterbiev has faced.

I agree that Bivol will be Beterbiev's toughest opponent, but I kind of remember feeling the same way about Gvozdyk. Beteriev was just so relentless that he made Gvozdyk quit, like everyone else. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2024 at 10:28 AM, malak1 said:

I agree that Bivol will be Beterbiev's toughest opponent, but I kind of remember feeling the same way about Gvozdyk. Beteriev was just so relentless that he made Gvozdyk quit, like everyone else. 

That's true, and I thought Gvozdyk was going to win. That said, Beterbiev was in his prime during that fight. He's clearly lost a step, looks more vulnerable, and he'll be fighting a prime Bivol who has better footwork/jab/technical boxing skills than anyone he's faced.

Edited by RaidersForever