The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lmao Lobov got the decision.

Paulie is washed but thought he easily won the first three rounds. 

I think the obvious statement is this...

Counter punching has no place in bare knuckle fighting. That's what I took from tonight.

43 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think the obvious statement is this...

Counter punching has no place in bare knuckle fighting. That's what I took from tonight.

Counter punching definitely matters less and two minute rounds clearly favor the aggressive fighter even if that fighter isn't landing clean shots. Pretty much have to go balls to the walls. 

• Like 1

Btw, I couldn't have been the only that noticed in the 2nd round that Lobov was about to go for a takedown LOL. At that point he was having trouble closing the distance and was hitting air and he said F it, let me get inside this way Ha.

Time to bring Nick Diaz into this sport. 

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

At heavyweight? 

CW/HW doesn't really matter. Think he would fare well in this type of sport. 

Wouldn't mind seeing Jeremy Stephens in here either. 

Mad that Randall Bailey's fight got cancelled for some reason. That dude was legit a top 5 p4P hitter for most of his career. He could do some serious damage here. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

CW/HW doesn't really matter. Think he would fare well in this type of sport. 

Wouldn't mind seeing Jeremy Stephens in here either. 

Mad that Randall Bailey's fight got cancelled for some reason. That dude was legit a top 5 p4P hitter for most of his career. He could do some serious damage here. 

I just mentioned the weightclass because he doesn't seem interested in training anymore. Put on a lot of weight partying in Vegas all the time.

10 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lmao Lobov got the decision.

Paulie is washed but thought he easily won the first three rounds. 

Easily won? Lobov didn't connect much but he connected a lot more than Pauli. 

Like I said, different animal. I knew Paulie would go in there bouncing around and throwing the jab. They dude would've had a chance if he didn't go into a hole before the fight even started.

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Easily won? Lobov didn't connect much but he connected a lot more than Pauli. 

Like I said, different animal. I knew Paulie would go in there bouncing around and throwing the jab. They dude would've had a chance if he didn't go into a hole before the fight even started.

For sure easily won the first two rounds. Thought he won the third round as well. But I don't know, it is clear that they value aggressiveness more than clean punching. Agreed that Paulie didn't throw enough, but he was still landing more than Artem until the end. And Paulie was relying far too much just on the jab and check hook when Artem would come in. Didn't throw enough combos or throw his straight right enough. 

Artem though is what he is. Balance is terrible and was missing badly on so many of his shots. In the 2nd round he was so frustrated that he tried to shoot for a takedown LOL. 

Paulie on the other hand showed how washed and a complete waste he is. When Artem would miss badly, rarely did he ever make him pay with a combination. Both could go away for good as far as I'm concerned. 

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

For sure easily won the first two rounds. Thought he won the third round as well. But I don't know, it is clear that they value aggressiveness more than clean punching. Agreed that Paulie didn't throw enough, but he was still landing more than Artem until the end. And Paulie was relying far too much just on the jab and check hook when Artem would come in. Didn't throw enough combos or throw his straight right enough. 

Artem though is what he is. Balance is terrible and was missing badly on so many of his shots. In the 2nd round he was so frustrated that he tried to shoot for a takedown LOL. 

Paulie on the other hand showed how washed and a complete waste he is. When Artem would miss badly, rarely did he ever make him pay with a combination. Both could go away for good as far as I'm concerned. 

Not to mention, Lobov's head would drop down completely whenever he would swing. Wtf is that crap

Sucks Harrison had to pull out but if we are to get a bum replacement opponent, then this is the only way for it to go lol.

Damn man, Cota was not ready to continue at all after the first KD and the ref let him hold himself up on the ropes. Cota was out COLD. 

19 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sucks Harrison had to pull out but if we are to get a bum replacement opponent, then this is the only way for it to go lol.

Damn man, Cota was not ready to continue at all after the first KD and the ref let him hold himself up on the ropes. Cota was out COLD. 

Ref didn't even make him try to walk. Def shoulda stopped it. 

So looks like Canelo will be targeting Kovalev in September. The size of balls of this man.................Just hope he doesn't drain Kovalev with a catchweight that is unreasonable. I think 172 or 173 is fair here.

So that leaves GGG without an opponent to close the year. How about vs Andrade or Charlo? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@lomaxgrUK Dubois looking more and more like the real deal. What a great performance vs Gorman. UK just continues to put out top HWs. He may be challenging for a title soon enough. 

Stevenson fought a bum but he's ready for a title shot himself. He wants Warrington and I think he handles him with ease. More likely he gets Frampton for the vacant WBO strap. 

Can't wait for Thurman vs Pacquiao. Not sure who to pick yet but it’s a really tight one. Crazy how at the age of 40 that Pacquiao is still alive against top WWs. Legend! 

• Like 1