The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

On 8/31/2019 at 4:30 PM, beekay414 said:

Can we PLEASE stop screwing around and get the Loma vs Bud fight or does that 12 lbs between lightweight and welterweight mean it'll never happen?

Bud would ANNIHILATE Lomachenko. I don't want that fight at all. Heck, they once asked Lomachenko and he was like do you think I look crazy or something? Crawford is way too big. When a guy is THAT skilled and much bigger than you, than it isn't ending well for you. 

On 8/31/2019 at 4:32 PM, beekay414 said:

If we're never getting Lomachenko-Crawford, can we at least get Crawford-Spence or Crawford-Pacquiao?

Yes!!!! I hope we get Spence/Pacquiao and then Spence/Crawford next year. That would be great, but need Spence/Crawford one way or another.

I'd like to see Lomachenko against Tank next year. Lomachenko would be the favorite but that's a real fight. Tank is the only guy that could come close to match Lomachenko's athleticism and he's very skilled in his own right with that game changing Wilder-esque power.

• Like 2

On 03/09/2019 at 8:10 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'd like to see Lomachenko against Tank next year. Lomachenko would be the favorite but that's a real fight. Tank is the only guy that could come close to match Lomachenko's athleticism and he's very skilled in his own right with that game changing Wilder-esque power.

For me, this is the #1 fight in boxing right now that hasn't happened before. You could make an argument for Bud-Spence but for me, Loma-Tank has everything you want in a fight. Campbell boxed as well as he possibly could, caught Loma with some shots (especially when Loma tried closing the distance in the early rounds) but he doesn't have that KO power. 

Tank would obviously not get the same opportunities Campbell did, in that Loma wouldn't have to close the distance, but the fact is he has KO power and Loma is too proud to stay out of range for large parts of a fight.

It just makes too much sense for both fighters.

5 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

For me, this is the #1 fight in boxing right now that hasn't happened before. You could make an argument for Bud-Spence but for me, Loma-Tank has everything you want in a fight. Campbell boxed as well as he possibly could, caught Loma with some shots (especially when Loma tried closing the distance in the early rounds) but he doesn't have that KO power. 

Tank would obviously not get the same opportunities Campbell did, in that Loma wouldn't have to close the distance, but the fact is he has KO power and Loma is too proud to stay out of range for large parts of a fight.

It just makes too much sense for both fighters.

I'd still go Spence/Crawford, but Loma/Tank is certainly right up with the best potential fights that could be made.

Campbell simply isn't durable enough and got hurt far too much when hit to the body. He was landing right with Lomachenko for a while but Lomachenko was able to take his shots better. 

We have seen Lomachenko hurt before and he was buzzed by Campbell a few times. Can he take those same shots from Davis? Supposedly Mayweather Promotions isn't opposed to this fight in 2020 but just want it on PPV so Tank is rewarded with a big pay day. Honestly, I can see this PPV doing good numbers so that shouldn't be a problem. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Why? He's got the judges favoritism so all he had to do is go the distance and he'll probably get his hand raised. 

I mean, yeah that’s true, but Krusher could also knock Canelo’s head off with one punch in those 36 minutes.

• Like 1