OL Allen Barbre Traded to Broncos for Conditional '19 Pick

Blahstoise

10 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Very surprising. The fact he can fill in at 3 spots almost assured him a spot. Considering how well he played at guard last year before being forced to play RT.

Yea, good point. His versatility was pretty  valuable. I guess they think they have enough depth across the line to move on. Unless he asked for a release so he could try and start somewhere and Howie granted him that. I wouldn't be surprised if he's back at some point due to injury or lack of work elsewhere. 

26 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea, good point. His versatility was pretty  valuable. I guess they think they have enough depth across the line to move on. Unless he asked for a release so he could try and start somewhere and Howie granted him that. I wouldn't be surprised if he's back at some point due to injury or lack of work elsewhere. 

Agreed on potentially giving him a chance to play somewhere else as a reason for a cut so early in camp.

4 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I'm shocked. I guess other guys are stepping up and they needed the 2.25 mil somewhere else....:ph34r:

yea seems like the case

Really surprised, but it's a good sign of what they think of the other guys

Apparently there are reports that we're trading him to the Broncos for a 2019 conditional pick. That makes more sense. He probably got the permission to seek a trade and this was a last minute deal. 

I'm guessing this was to allow him to sign elsewhere as a Vet before the masses get cut in the coming weeks? I'd like to think this means younger players are stepping up, but this is surprising to say the least.

At least at this stage of TC????

Just now, Jroc04 said:

Apparently there are reports that we're trading him to the Broncos for a 2019 conditional pick. That makes more sense. He probably got the permission to seek a trade and this was a last minute deal. 

Hope that's the case!!

8 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

He's had permission to seek a trade since March apparently.

Archived