Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TitanSlim

Week 17 GDT(Win and In Edition): Jaguars(10-5) vs Titans(8-7)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Let’s not act like Ramsey isn’t one of the bigger DBs in the league and supposedly one of the more physical ones. Henry has embarassed him on more than a number of occasions.  

So? Doesn't change the fact Henry is one of the biggest RBs and has him by over 50 pounds. If Henry didn't/couldn't truck Ramsey I'd be worried about how physical he is. I think.most guys Henry's size would truck Ramsey and most every CB.

Theres a difference between Ramsey manhandling Hopkins/Green and a guy who has the Jaguars LB's by 20-30 pounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

So? Doesn't change the fact Henry is one of the biggest RBs and has him by over 50 pounds. If Henry didn't/couldn't truck Ramsey I'd be worried about how physical he is. I think.most guys Henry's size would truck Ramsey and most every CB.

Theres a difference between Ramsey manhandling Hopkins/Green and a guy who has the Jaguars LB's by 20-30 pounds.

Maybe if Henry trucking dudes was a weekly occurance... But Henry doesn't play like your typical 250 lber. He looks to avoid contact more often than not, always looking to bounce the ball outside. He can pound the rock inside for a 2 yard gain on 3rd and 1, but that's far from his preference.

Something about Ramsey makes Henry just want to bull over the dude. I honestly can't think of anyone else that Henry has run over like that... And yet it seems to be a mandatory play for Henry every time he's played Ramsey. Its fun to watch from this perspective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Maybe if Henry trucking dudes was a weekly occurance... But Henry doesn't play like your typical 250 lber. He looks to avoid contact more often than not, always looking to bounce the ball outside. He can pound the rock inside for a 2 yard gain on 3rd and 1, but that's far from his preference.

Something about Ramsey makes Henry just want to bull over the dude. I honestly can't think of anyone else that Henry has run over like that... And yet it seems to be a mandatory play for Henry every time he's played Ramsey. Its fun to watch from this perspective.

Gotcha.

I totally get that you guys like to see it. Ramsey for opposing teams is an incredibly unlikeable guy. Just never understood why Titans fans on Twitter/here make such a huge deal of him getting trucked prior to this.

Like I said, put a guy with Henry's size on the field and I'd hope he'd truck any DB...especially a corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a "big deal" because it's a division rivalry and one of the biggest trash talkers in the league got majorly embarrassed 

 

any defender that gets trucked is getting embarrassed, regardless of size. The DB that Lynch stiff armed the life out of on NO during that winning playoff run got the life embarrassed out of him. That's why twitter and the masses react that way ... cuz getting trucked is embarrassing regardless of the size of the DB and who does the trucking 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

It's a "big deal" because it's a division rivalry and one of the biggest trash talkers in the league got majorly embarrassed 

 

any defender that gets trucked is getting embarrassed, regardless of size. The DB that Lynch stiff armed the life out of on NO during that winning playoff run got the life embarrassed out of him. That's why twitter and the masses react that way ... cuz getting trucked is embarrassing regardless of the size of the DB and who does the trucking 

Yep the size argument is bs. I remember Lynch trucked Casey in Week 1. That’s about a 75lb weight difference? Growing up playing football, if you got ran over, you’re embarrassed. 

Edited by ttitansfan4life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

It's a "big deal" because it's a division rivalry and one of the biggest trash talkers in the league got majorly embarrassed 

 

any defender that gets trucked is getting embarrassed, regardless of size. The DB that Lynch stiff armed the life out of on NO during that winning playoff run got the life embarrassed out of him. That's why twitter and the masses react that way ... cuz getting trucked is embarrassing regardless of the size of the DB and who does the trucking 

When did I say it wasn't embarrassing? But that is why most corners aren't as willing in the run game. They aren't as big as a lot of these RBs. Getting trucked from time to time, especially against one of the biggest RBs in the NFL, was only a matter of time.

If Ramsey is physically handling a guy that much bigger than again, theres something wrong here. Although @ragevsuall17 kind of talked about that.

I mean Fournette trucked Mike Mitchell of the Steelers 2-3 times in our game against them. Was awesome but there wasn't even that much of a deal made of it and Mitchell is nearly built like a LB.

No big deal though, was just curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yep the size argument is bs. I remember Lynch trucked Casey in Week 1. That’s about a 75lb weight difference?

Lol.

So because a DL has gotten trucked the argument is BS?

What do you seriously expect to happen when a 250 pound man with Henry's size and speed to do to a 190-195 pound corner? Sure, Ramsey COULD get the best of him sometimes. But for the majority of the time, 1-1, yes, Henry should be able to run over Ramsey and most DBs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a big deal for multiple reasons.

-Ramsey likes to talk, so that adds a target on his back.

-It's a division rival

-Henry seems to go out his way to purposely truck Ramsey.

-Ramsey is a good player. If this was done to some scrub, it wouldn't be as big a deal.

I mean, let's be honest here. If MJD constantly trucked Courtland Finnegan between 07-09, Jags fans would be the same way. Same with 49ers fans if Frank Gore constantly trucked Richard Sherman from 11-14.

Division rivals are going to make a big deal when a player owns another division rivals good player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People get excited over it, thus making it a "big deal," because it's an awesome football play. The same reason why an awesome TD catch gets talked about instead of a goal line stant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

You're overreacting to a few plays... Henry has great numbers after contact. IIRC he led the league in average yards after contact last year.

Ya last year not this year. A lot of his yards after contact are more stiff arms. Even last week the guy goes airborne and gets turnt all the way around in mid air at the 1 yard line and doesn’t score 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

It's a big deal for multiple reasons.

-Ramsey likes to talk, so that adds a target on his back.

-It's a division rival

-Henry seems to go out his way to purposely truck Ramsey.

-Ramsey is a good player. If this was done to some scrub, it wouldn't be as big a deal.

I mean, let's be honest here. If MJD constantly trucked Courtland Finnegan between 07-09, Jags fans would be the same way. Same with 49ers fans if Frank Gore constantly trucked Richard Sherman from 11-14.

Division rivals are going to make a big deal when a player owns another division rivals good player.

I think owns is a little much here...lol.

Again, I didn't say that it isn't awesome to have a guy level an opposing teams elite player. Just that, I mean, Henry should do that with his size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know what’s going on with my Twitter I can’t get the video to pop up could just be my internet connection but wanted to post the video of the boy with Down Syndrome that’s a huge Corey Davis fan. Titans had him at practice and had him lead the cheer to end practice. 

The Titans do a lot of nice things like this they really are a great group of guys. I really hope the Titans win tomorrow and really hope Corey Davis gets his first TD for this boy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I don’t know what’s going on with my Twitter I can’t get the video to pop up could just be my internet connection but wanted to post the video of the boy with Down Syndrome that’s a huge Corey Davis fan. Titans had him at practice and had him lead the cheer to end practice. 

The Titans do a lot of nice things like this they really are a great group of guys. I really hope the Titans win tomorrow and really hope Corey Davis gets his first TD for this boy 

I got you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×