FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

10 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

He wasn't last year.  PFF had him as the 51st rated CB in the league.  Unless we get a good deal I am not a fan of this.  CB is one of the strong positions in this FA class, why settle for the 5th or 6th guy?

I regards to Cousins, now that the Vikings are in on him i really think that is where he ends up, it just makes to much sense.  I wouldn't be opposed to take a crack at Teddy Two Gloves once he is officially a FA.  He is still 25 and should be fully recovered.  We sign him to a 1 year prove it deal and still draft a QB in the 1st.  Give ourselves 2 young options who can potentially turn into the guy.

PFF had Trumaine as the #68 CB in the league.  Do you not consider him a #1 CB?

6 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

If we signed Butler at a reasonable deal for the slot and still added a guy for the #1/#2 cb spot id be in. Better than Skrine

Butler isn’t a slot CB he’s an outside CB. He does struggle at time against bigger guys. But has good success against top average sized guys like AB, OBJ, etc.

Id rather other CBs, but I certainly wouldn’t dislike getting Butler.

14 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

If we signed Butler at a reasonable deal for the slot and still added a guy for the #1/#2 cb spot id be in. Better than Skrin

It all comes down to price, but he's not a slot guy.  If we can get him for say 10 mil a year versus a guy like Claiborne who will likely get around 8 mil, he's definitely worth it.

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

PFF had Trumaine as the #68 CB in the league.  Do you not consider him a #1 CB?

Not really.  He hasn't be amazing lately.  That is why I was worried about over paying for him.  I'd prefer Gaines, Fuller, Colvin(for slot if we cut Skrine), Melvin, Nickel Robey-Coleman (slot as well).

1 minute ago, rampantjet said:

Not really.  He hasn't be amazing lately.  That is why I was worried about over paying for him.  I'd prefer Gaines, Fuller, Colvin(for slot if we cut Skrine), Melvin, Nickel Robey-Coleman (slot as well).

Gaines, Fuller, and Melvin had one year of production.  Butler was elite in 2015 and 2016 and still solid this year.  At the same price point, i'll take Butler. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Any interest in Aaron Colvin?

Colvin, Claiborne, Another FA and a Rookie with Burris/Roberts/Robinson battling it out on the end?

Trumaine Johnson is still my #1 target however but he may be costly.

I'd take Colvin, but I feel like we'd need to upgrade over Mo.  Mo was really up and down and with his injury history, we could be really thin.

Ideally for me we get a #1 CB in the likes of Fuller, Gaines, Johnson or Butler and also grab Colvin for the slot. And then draft a guy in our 1st few picks to play on the outside.

So our starting secondary would be...

FA, Colvin, Rookie

Maye, Adams

We miss our in Cousins and why not sign 2 or 3 CBs if we don’t bring back Mo and cut Skrine? Imagine getting Butler, Fuller and Colvin.