FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

Apparently we offered more for Cousins, Arob and one of the linemen (I forgot which one) and got nothing. It’s probably safe to assume we were in on some others too.

this is not a good look

And yet, we idiotically called Maccagnan's head for a lack of aggression.

• Like 1

I'm shocked about A-Rob.  If we offered more then why in the world did he pick CHI.  Won the same amount of games and Mitch looked pretty bad.  Not like going to HOU where Watson was looking great.  I mean Mitch Trubisky is a draw for FA WR's?  What planet am I on.

I mean the idea of going hard for a QB in the draft should be more enticing.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

I'm shocked about A-Rob.  If we offered more then why in the world did he pick CHI.  Won the same amount of games and Mitch looked pretty bad.  Not like going to HOU where Watson was looking great.  I mean Mitch Trubisky is a draw for FA WR's?  What planet am I on.

I mean the idea of going hard for a QB in the draft should be more enticing.

Maybe he wanted to be close to home?  He's from Detroit.  Only a few hours away.

8 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

And yet, we idiotically called Maccagnan's head for a lack of aggression.

He needs to prove he can seal the deals. Between him and Bowles they are useless, clueless and offer no energy/fire. No wonder players won’t sign here. They are like two stiff corpses.

Edited by xenajets

Last week I brought up the subject of the ownership, I still firmly believe that the Jet ownership is our biggest problem. Woody was given the team by his daddy, he turned it over his brother Carl, and neither one has the drive or gives a flying *^&# about the team. Let Macc run team and make all the decisions, and has to answer to nobody. Yes football people should make the key decisions. Unfortunately for the Jets Mac is no Bill Parcells.  Parcells in just a couple of years turn the Jets into a 12-4 team, in 1998.

7 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Well, he needs to be held somewhat accountable for the roster (or lack of) no one wants to join because they don’t see a bright future here.

2 minutes ago, xenajets said:

He needs to prove he can seal the deals. Between him and Bowles they are useless, clueless and offer no energy/fire. No wonder players won’t sign here. They are like two stiff corpses.

Absolutely.  Remember last year was Maccagnan's first year of rebuilding program.  Basically, we are at year 2 instead of year 4.  It is a mistake for big city like NYC. It could work if Syracuse was Jets' home.

I'm not overly upset with anything that's happened so far. Would have loved Robinson and Cousins but I'm not beating myself up.

I want Jensen + CBs (2x). I wish we gave ASJ $7M, I don't like that he's likely headed to Seattle. With how much cap space we have paint him like the 13th highest paid TE doesn't seem unreasonable especially since he is actually a player that openly wanted to be here.

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

Last week I brought up the subject of the ownership, I still firmly believe that the Jet ownership is our biggest problem. Woody was given the team by his daddy, he turned it over his brother Carl, and neither one has the drive or gives a flying *^&# about the team. Let Macc run team and make all the decisions, and has to answer to nobody. Yes football people should make the key decisions. Unfortunately for the Jets Mac is no Bill Parcells.  Parcells in just a couple of years turn the Jets into a 12-4 team, in 1998.

Huh? Woddy purchased the team.