FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

Can we roll over much cap to next year? I find it hard to see how we can hit the cap floor with all the best players gone at this stage.

We should have two-three top FA already signed by this point with the cash we had.

What BS was Macc giving it saying we would be active on first day. So far we’ve already conceded defeat with Cousins and all the best offensive playmakers are gone too. Add in the OLine non signings and I challenge anyone to defend the joke that we are??

Edited by xenajets

3 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Can we roll over much cap to next year? I find it hard to see how we can hit the cap floor with all the best players gone at this stage.

We should have two-three top FA already signed by this point with the cash we had.

What BS was Macc giving it saying we would be active on first day. So far we’ve already conceded defeat with Cousins and all the best offensive playmakers are gone too. Add in the OLine non signings and I challenge anyone to defend the joke that we are??

The first day is tomorrow

4 minutes ago, xenajets said:

There's no defending this franchise

They're losers, plain and simple

4 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Macc is a joke. He must have been told regardless how they finish next year he will be back. Did nothing to make this team better. I’m rushing to get season tickets with the Bridgewater signing. Lol. He’s a game manager at best. 

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

I think they need to spend 90% of it

Over a 4 year period though.  I think they don't need to spend it all this year from what I read.  I haven't researched it enough to be sure.  I'm pretty sure they can carry over most of it again.  They shouldn't though.

Maccagnan deserves to be fired after this mess. He lied to everyone saying we would be active. Besides Cousins, I haven't heard us being involved in ANY of the other FA and still don't. Besides Bridgewater. He should have had a backup plan for what seemed like a lock with Cousins to the Vikings.

I don't see us being involved with any of the top CB on the board that could help us big time.  This team is a mess. I don't care that we lost out of Richburg, he lost his starting job anyways. 

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Over a 4 year period though.  I think they don't need to spend it all this year from what I read.  I haven't researched it enough to be sure.  I'm pretty sure they can carry over most of it again.  They shouldn't though.

At this point it’s just about drafting a rookie and giving him support. I don’t care about anything else. Whether we need to spend a lot or not.

I don’t think Mac didn’t TRY for most of these guys. The problem is there’s nothing desirable about coming here. I’ve been saying it since the start of the whole Cousins thing. Yeah we can pay a few million more but when you factor in cost of living, quality of life, media etc I see why players don’t want to be in NY on a team that pretty clearly doesn’t know what it’s doing and has a reputation for being incompetent.