Packers Extend C Corey Linsley

ChaRisMa

47 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

It's like the offseason early.  Love it.  He was #2 for me I think as far as most important to bring back.  Taking all the stress out of the offseason already.  Ted Thompson not coming back for another offseason, so he doesn't have that all-important compensatory pick to consider when deciding whether or not he's going to re-sign somebody. 

Now all I want is Burnett for two more years.
Dom Capers leaving and never coming back.
Davon House for one more year.
Jahri Evans for one more year.
Jeff Janis for three years.

Trey Burton or Tyler Eiffert

Draft

Best available June 1st cut pass rushing veteran. 

What about Sammy Watkins?

This is the going rate for quality Center's so no real surprise here. Very happy that they got both Adams/Linsley deals done already. Even better it happened now so their signing bonus can be spread out over an extra yr.

Aaron Rodgers extension is on the way and maybe they re-sign Burnett after letting him test the market a bit

Might be splitting hairs here, but will be interesting to see the fine details and compare them to Tretter's deal. 

I always thought their play was pretty much equal, but Tretter offered a ton more versatility. I was a bit shocked they let him walk on that point alone. Certainly not a make or break either way, just interesting

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Might be splitting hairs here, but will be interesting to see the fine details and compare them to Tretter's deal. 

I always thought their play was pretty much equal, but Tretter offered a ton more versatility. I was a bit shocked they let him walk on that point alone. Certainly not a make or break either way, just interesting

Linsley got paid almost $10M more than Tretter...but he doesn't come with the injury history that Tretter did.

18 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Aaron Rodgers extension is on the way and maybe they re-sign Burnett after letting him test the market a bit

I figured Morgan Burnett would be 2nd in terms of priority over Linsley, so this might be an indication that their interest in re-signing him is lukewarm at best.

1 minute ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

They also might be waiting to get a new defensive staff in house before making any decisions on that side of the ball

It's certainly possible.  Monday is Black Monday in the NFL, so we will hear which HC are getting canned.  John Fox is almost certainly as good as gone.  Chuck Pagano will likely get fired due to no fault of his own.  Despite what John Dorsey has said, I still think it's a toss-up whether or not he's retained.  Jim Caldwell's seat is probably getting hot even after he signed an extension.  Dirk Koetter is already safe, and there's talk that Vance Joseph could lose his job.

Archived