Week 17 GDT - Saints (11-4) @ Buccaneers (4-11)

Mid Iowa

3 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Well with the Falcons winning, can't say I care as much about this game win or lose.

Hate saying it but this might be the best thing for the Saints. I perfer our matchup with Carolina and this young team and coaching staff needed a wake uo call.

Brees also needs some pressure on him as well... He played like crap!

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

This is a "good" loss. The Eagles are a MUCH better matchup than the Vikings with Nick Foles as the starting QB.

Yea, the problem is beating Carolina a third straight time.  That's gonna be hard to do.  But the Falcons game was gonna be tough too, so it's a toss up.  

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

Yea, the problem is beating Carolina a third straight time.  That's gonna be hard to do.  But the Falcons game was gonna be tough too, so it's a toss up.  

I want to say we should win that. But I thought we would win this. We have had Carolina's number this year though

Just now, navysaintsfan said:

I want to say we should win that. But I thought we would win this. We have had Carolina's number this year though

I knew this game was gonna be tough, the Bucs almost beat Carolina and Atlanta.  And we don't exactly have the greatest track record @ Tampa.  But there's no excuse to have lost with Jameis throwing 3 picks, and them being backed up deep in their own territory with 4th and 10.

1 minute ago, Spartica4Real said:

Thank you Atlanta, now I can feel good with this loss. Carolina/Philly is so much easier than Atlanta/Philly. We just got our best chance at winning it all. As long as the team doesn't play like they did today lol.

The #3 Seed is a bloodbath, Falcons in the wildcard, Vikings in the divisional, then of course the NFC Championship Game. The #4 seed is a much easier path, ironically today went pretty well for us other than the lost.

2 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I knew this game was gonna be tough, the Bucs almost beat Carolina and Atlanta.  And we don't exactly have the greatest track record @ Tampa.  But there's no excuse to have lost with Jameis throwing 3 picks, and them being backed up deep in their own territory with 4th and 10.

We had 3 picks on Ryan in Atlanta too. Playcalling makes a world of difference. I'm still sitting this on Payton. His calling this season has been downright atrocious.

1 minute ago, Lyoane said:

The #3 Seed is a bloodbath, Falcons in the wildcard, Vikings in the divisional, then of course the NFC Championship Game. The #4 seed is a much easier path, ironically today went pretty well for us other than the lost.

Can't do anything but agree with you.

8 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

Can't do anything but agree with you.

Yup. I'm kinda glad about this. Only kinda because I still like seeing my team win and not play so crap in their last game before the playoffs. It's still not bad though. And we're division champs for the first time since 2011, where's the cheerfulness boys!?!? We just won one of the hardest divisions to win in like forever.

15 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Yup. I'm kinda glad about this. Only kinda because I still like seeing my team win and not play so crap in their last game before the playoffs. It's still not bad though. And we're division champs for the first time since 2011, where's the cheerfulness boys!?!? We just won one of the hardest divisions to win in like forever.

When you win it with a loss (especially against a team from said division) it takes all the fun out of it.

4 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

When you win it with a loss (especially against a team from said division) it takes all the fun out of it.

Eh, I'm still pretty excited. It's 1 loss out of 16 and we still won the division, it's not gonna take all the fun out for me.

Some of it yeah lol, but not all of it. 

Archived