Giants to pick #2 in 2018 NFL Draft

Acgott

I'm not a huge college football fan I mostly just watch my BC Eagles and whatever the top ranked game of the week is. so I'm not good with all the prospects. How do you guys rank the QB's in this draft? Alot of mocks have us taking Rosen or Jackson. Would Darnold or Mayfield be a huge reach at #2?

1 hour ago, Shockey1979 said:

I'm not a huge college football fan I mostly just watch my BC Eagles and whatever the top ranked game of the week is. so I'm not good with all the prospects. How do you guys rank the QB's in this draft? Alot of mocks have us taking Rosen or Jackson. Would Darnold or Mayfield be a huge reach at #2?

We’re in January, mocks should be taken with a grain of salt. 

Rosen is almost consensus #1. And he’s the only one is closest one ready to start day 1. The rest, are guys who need development. 

My QB rankings with fits are:

1. Josh Rosen [UCLA/6’4” 210lbs/Early First] [Best Fit: Denver Broncos]
  2. Baker Mayfield [Oklahoma/6’0” 210lbs/Early-Mid First] [Best Fit: Buffalo Bills]
  3. Sam Darnold [USC/6'4" 220lbs/Mid First] [Best Fit: Cleveland Browns]
  4. Jarret Stidham [Auburn/6’3” 210lbs/Late First] [Best Fit: New York Giants]
  5. Kurt Benkert [Virginia/6'3" 220lbs/Early Second] [Best Fit: New England Patriots]
  6. Lamar Jackson [Louisville/6’3” 205lbs/Mid-Second] [Best Fit: Arizona Cardinals]
  7. Josh Allen [Wyoming/6’5” 230lbs/Mid-Late Second] [Best Fit: LA Chargers]
  8. Drew Lock [Missouri/6'4" 225LBS/Late Second-Early Third] [Best Fit: New Orleans Saints]
  9. Nick Fitzgerald [Mississippi St/ 6’5” 230lbs/Late Second-Early Third] [Best Fit: Pittsburgh Steelers]
  10. Mason Rudolph [Oklahoma State/6’5” 235lbs/Early-Mid Third] [Best Fit: Buffalo Bills/Washington Redskins if current starters are retained for short term]

Like @Kip Smithers said, this draft is Rosen being the only player I feel who can start day 1, and be a good starter out the gate, he also has a really high ceiling. Everyone else needs development, but the entire top 10 has the tools to be really good if they can land in the right situation. I really believe Jarret Stidham has the most potential of the bunch if he can sit and develop for a bit.

14 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

My QB rankings with fits are:

1. Josh Rosen [UCLA/6’4” 210lbs/Early First] [Best Fit: Denver Broncos]
  2. Baker Mayfield [Oklahoma/6’0” 210lbs/Early-Mid First] [Best Fit: Buffalo Bills]
  3. Sam Darnold [USC/6'4" 220lbs/Mid First] [Best Fit: Cleveland Browns]
  4. Jarret Stidham [Auburn/6’3” 210lbs/Late First] [Best Fit: New York Giants]
  5. Kurt Benkert [Virginia/6'3" 220lbs/Early Second] [Best Fit: New England Patriots]
  6. Lamar Jackson [Louisville/6’3” 205lbs/Mid-Second] [Best Fit: Arizona Cardinals]
  7. Josh Allen [Wyoming/6’5” 230lbs/Mid-Late Second] [Best Fit: LA Chargers]
  8. Drew Lock [Missouri/6'4" 225LBS/Late Second-Early Third] [Best Fit: New Orleans Saints]
  9. Nick Fitzgerald [Mississippi St/ 6’5” 230lbs/Late Second-Early Third] [Best Fit: Pittsburgh Steelers]
  10. Mason Rudolph [Oklahoma State/6’5” 235lbs/Early-Mid Third] [Best Fit: Buffalo Bills/Washington Redskins if current starters are retained for short term]

Like @Kip Smithers said, this draft is Rosen being the only player I feel who can start day 1, and be a good starter out the gate, he also has a really high ceiling. Everyone else needs development, but the entire top 10 has the tools to be really good if they can land in the right situation. I really believe Jarret Stidham has the most potential of the bunch if he can sit and develop for a bit.

STIDHAM?!!? Dude what...even if he comes out he is around the number 10 Best qb at absolute best. There’s almost no chance he is a first round pick. He might not even go before the 4th round this year. I’m also confused as to where these rankings are coming from. There’s an absolutely 0% chance he is our first round pick. 

10 minutes ago, mattbags2313 said:

STIDHAM?!!? Dude what...even if he comes out he is around the number 10 Best qb at absolute best. There’s almost no chance he is a first round pick. He might not even go before the 4th round this year. I’m also confused as to where these rankings are coming from. There’s an absolutely 0% chance he is our first round pick. 

I never said he would be our first round pick? He's an accurate thrower, with one of the best lower halves in the draft. He doesn't turn the ball over, nor does he make awful decisions. He also throws with anticipation very well. He has very few faults as a prospect, one being experience (only a redshirt SO) and the other developing to make pre-snap reads and take snaps from under center. Where does your dislike of him stem from? 

EDIT: These are my personal rankings from evaluating prospects. 

Trading down and acquiring more picks, then drafting Nelson, and him in the second to compete with Webb. The best one wins, and in best case scenario the other shows enough to get a nice little haul. Worst case, one gets injured and we have a starter level replacement waiting in the wing. 

4 hours ago, Ohbeejay said:

He doesn't turn the ball over because he plays at Auburn. He's not playing in an offense that is representative of what he will be asked to do in the NFL. 

I hope you watched him crap his pants today against UCF. He is asked to do next to nothing. Another typical SEC qb that won’t do anything in the pros 

15 hours ago, mattbags2313 said:

I hope you watched him crap his pants today against UCF. He is asked to do next to nothing. Another typical SEC qb that won’t do anything in the pros 

You mean when he completed 65% of his pass for 7.7YPA? Or how he was sacked 6 times on 49 pass attempts? Or how his running game was almost non-existent? I watched both picks, they were great plays by the d. Did you watch him "crap his pants today"? Or are you just seeing his team lost then calling him a bum. BAKER'S TEAM LOST SO HE'S A BUM!!! (Obvious sarcasm, I am actually a huge Mayfield fan). 

I also didn't say he was the best QB right now, I just said he has the most potential of the bunch. Given the right situation, he will have a really good career. 

If we hire an offensive minded Head Coach, I want Lamar Jackson. He can prob be had in the 2nd round, which means we can take the best "hog mollie" at #2. Otherwise, I think we should look to trade down to 5-8 range if the opportunity presents itself. Then take BPA. 

Can you imagine the explosiveness on this offense with OBJ, Engram, and Jackson?! A mobile QB can mask a lot of deficiencies on the o-line, too. We can build a similar team to what the Panthers had with Cam in their Superbowl run. I definitely like Darkwa. Maybe bring in Donta Freeman or Jerick McKinnon as a 1-2 punch with Darkwa and give Gallman some plays here and there.

Archived