Dorsey will make decisions on coaching...not on Hue tho.

buno67

6 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Will not be surprise if Tabor and Gregg Williams are gone. Tabors special teams have been anything but special and from what I’m reading Gregg and his son Blake have been a problem among players. The smart move would have been just to fire Hue and bring in a completely new staff. Hoping Haslam comes too and let’s it happen. It would be nice for everyone to be on the same page for once.

That would be the smart thing but....Haslam.

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That would be the smart thing but....Haslam.

I don’t understand the logic honestly. I feel like Haslam is trying way to hard to be jerry Jones and he’s just not. He’s willing to spend but he’s just an idiot 

1 minute ago, bosko1616 said:

I don’t understand the logic honestly. I feel like Haslam is trying way to hard to be jerry Jones and he’s just not. He’s willing to spend but he’s just an idiot 

He’s like a diver who gets disoriented and doesn’t know which way is up.

Right now he’s just flailing around killing himself and the fan base...

If we’re keeping Hue because we want continuity, which I can at least understand and appreciate, his staff and schemes have to stay as well or it’s not continuity.

If we’re going to replace the DC (for a third straight year) and hire someone else to run the offense, why keep a guy has hated as Hue Jackson?

Scrap this pile of ish and start fresh with Dorsey picking his guy with the only mandate be that we aren’t running a damned 3-4. Maybe then we’l actually see the same HC and coordinators for 2-3 straight years like a real franchise. Doubtful with Haslam, but a fella can dream.

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s like a diver who gets disoriented and doesn’t know which way is up.

Right now he’s just flailing around killing himself and the fan base...

If we’re keeping Hue because we want continuity, which I can at least understand and appreciate, his staff and schemes have to stay as well or it’s not continuity.

If we’re going to replace the DC (for a third straight year) and hire someone else to run the offense, why keep a guy has hated as Hue Jackson?

Scrap this pile of ish and start fresh with Dorsey picking his guy with the only mandate be that we aren’t running a damned 3-4. Maybe then we’l actually see the same HC and coordinators for 2-3 straight years like a real franchise. Doubtful with Haslam, but a fella can dream.

100% agree. I’d love if OBrien got fired he’s a guy who I’d like as HC but def agree with not going back to the 3-4. I hated that. 

2 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

What has he been willing to spend on?  The Stadium? We have the 2nd highest cap space or something like that.  Haslam hasn't spent anything on this team and it shows.  He is probably fleecing us so he can pay back the multi-millions of dollars he stole in the truck stop scheme so he could buy this team in the first place. 

Is it possible Dorsey will be given permission to "tinker" with Hue's staff in an effort to get Hue to resign so that the Browns don't have to continue their reputation of "firing" coaches every 2 years? Or am I just delusional in my hope that Hue could still actually get fired? 

Is there ANYTHING you can tell me about Hue to make me feel better about keeping him? Besides just consistency for consistency's sake (which admittedly, is important...but not if you have possibly a historically inept coach). 

3 minutes ago, brownie86 said:

Is it possible Dorsey will be given permission to "tinker" with Hue's staff in an effort to get Hue to resign so that the Browns don't have to continue their reputation of "firing" coaches every 2 years? Or am I just delusional in my hope that Hue could still actually get fired? 

Is there ANYTHING you can tell me about Hue to make me feel better about keeping him? Besides just consistency for consistency's sake (which admittedly, is important...but not if you have possibly a historically inept coach). 

I can’t imagine Haslam worrying about his reputation at this point...

6 hours ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

According to Aaron Nagler on twitter the Browns are interviewing Alonzo Highsmith for a position in the front office.

INCREDIBLE IF TRUE!!

For years Highsmith has worked to become excellent at talent evaluation and has that reputation among executives and his peers. This would be great for us!

17 hours ago, bruceb said:

All the people he has fired who still are owed money.

With the exception to Osweiler.  That list doesn't have an football players on it.  I don't care about his personal spending habits on executives.  I want him to spend some of the $100+ M that they have in salary cap space. 

Archived