8th pick in the draft

Rogerthat

5 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Another interesting scenario is if the Raiders make Carr available for trade. Some rumors that he and Gruden may not be a good fit for each other. And with the down year Carr had, Gruden may use it as justification to go in a different direction.

Carr’s contract virtually assures he’s in OAK next year (he’d leave behind an untenable dead cap hit of over $20M for 2018) but that number goes down to $7.5M next offseason. Let’s not forget Carr was an MVP candidate last year and played most of this year with a transverse process fracture in his back. 

44 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

this is more likely than a trade down in the first.  Pace Jumps the bucs and drafts Chubb

I’d put good money that Chubb goes to the team in the top 3 that doesn’t take Rosen or Darnold (Indy in all likelihood). He’s the odds on favorite to be the first defender off the board. 

Looking at the teams immediately behind us with regard to a potential small trade down we have SF, OAK (order pending coin flip), MIA, CIN and Washington. Without having done any research on those teams’ needs NFL.com lists all but SF with a LB need and all of them needing an OL upgrade. To me that means if someone falls in love with an OT like Williams or McG, or if Nelson is there we could be a target spot. I could also see one of those teams jumping up for Roquan Smith if they think he’s a future superstar. Washington obviously needs a QB too if Cousins leaves but the two teams right behind us don’t need QBs so I don’t know that they’d be coming up to our spot for a QB unless they worry someone else will. 

20 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’d put good money that Chubb goes to the team in the top 3 that doesn’t take Rosen or Darnold (Indy in all likelihood). He’s the odds on favorite to be the first defender off the board. 

Looking at the teams immediately behind us with regard to a potential small trade down we have SF, OAK (order pending coin flip), MIA, CIN and Washington. Without having done any research on those teams’ needs NFL.com lists all but SF with a LB need and all of them needing an OL upgrade. To me that means if someone falls in love with an OT like Williams or McG, or if Nelson is there we could be a target spot. I could also see one of those teams jumping up for Roquan Smith if they think he’s a future superstar. Washington obviously needs a QB too if Cousins leaves but the two teams right behind us don’t need QBs so I don’t know that they’d be coming up to our spot for a QB unless they worry someone else will. 

I could see it falling like this:

1 cle-  darnold

2 nyg- Rosen

3 ind- Barkley 

4  cle- fitzpatrick

5 den- Nelson/ mcglinchey

6 nyj- mayfield

7 tb- trade down with washington- josh allen

8 chi- chubb

6 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

1 cle-  darnold

2 nyg- Rosen

3 ind- Barkley 

4  cle- fitzpatrick

6 nyj- mayfield

8 chi- chubb

That is the definition of wishful thinking man.

15 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Not that far fetched, especially if cousins goes to Denver.

I doubt he even gets past Indy who have been crying out for a pass rusher for years...as good a Barkley is a pass rusher is going to be worth far more than an RB...even at that Denver would love to put Chubb across from Miller...if they added Cousins I would make them favourite for the Superbowl.

14 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Not that far fetched, especially if cousins goes to Denver.

I have to think at least one of the 4 teams you have taking a QB in the top 7 will end up with Alex Smith, Case Keenum, Sam Bradford, Teddy Bridgewater, Eli Manning, Tyrod Taylor, maybe AJ McCarron or maybe Andy Dalton.

Also I love Barkley as a prospect but I think the depth of quality RBs in this draft and frankly heading into FA may have him slide a bit. Indy can get a really good RB prospect like Ronald Jones at the top of the 2nd and use that top pick on a position harder to fill. If they don’t go Chubb to me they have to go OL. Personally if I’m them in your scenario I take Connor Williams who you don’t even have in your top 8. I think he’s a plug and play franchise LT for a team that desperately needs one. If he wasn’t hurt most of this season I think he’d be a consensus top 5 pick. 

12 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

1 cle-  darnold

2 nyg- Rosen

3 ind- Barkley 

4  cle- fitzpatrick

6 nyj- mayfield

8 chi- chubb

There is a lot of talk right now that nfl scouts dont have nearly as high of a grade on Fitzpatrick that the internet draftniks do.  Mainly because hes seen as a tweener and doesnt have a true position in the league.  I think Fitzpatrick is much more likely to go late first than he is anywhere near the top

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

There is a lot of talk right now that nfl scouts dont have nearly as high of a grade on Fitzpatrick that the internet draftniks do.  Mainly because hes seen as a tweener and doesnt have a true position in the league.  I think Fitzpatrick is much more likely to go late first than he is anywhere near the top

Same could be said of Jabrill Peppers, who also went to Cleveland last year. They could value that versatility.

2 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Same could be said of Jabrill Peppers, who also went to Cleveland last year. They could value that versatility.

Different regime and they drafted peppers at the end of round 1, not at 4.  They cant miss at #1 or #4. 1st has to be the best qb in the class and #4 has to be the best player available.  Connor Williams would make a lot of sense if Indy hasnt already taken him

38 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Minkah also has 9 career interceptions, 4 of which were returned for TDs. Peppers had zero at Michigan. 

24 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

1 INT in 2016 and 6 TD's, none of them as a defensive player, however

1 INT. My bad. Early morning memory. ?‍♂️

Peppers wasn’t even for sure a DB. A lot of people thought (and may still think) his best position was as a RB. He and Minkah are very different in that regard. 

1 browns - Barkley RB - top QB say they don't want to play in Cleveland.  Why risk an eli manning situation take a the best player in the draft

2 Giants - Darnold QB - obvious

3 colts: trade to jets - Rosen

4 Browns QB - Lamar Jackson - it comes down to who's better Jackson or Mayfield.  Jackson has more potential.  He has gotten bigger from his soph to Jr seasons and he has developed as a passer.  Plus Mayfield feels like Manzel 2.0 especially in Cleveland

5 Broncos - Mayfield QB - bears need cousins to resign or go to Jax

6  Colts - Trade Bears - Bradley Chubb - Pace doesn't move down in the 1st he moves up and gets his guy.  bears give up a 4th and 2019 4 or 5th.  Pace trades back in the 2nd to recoup the lost picks.  That's Pace's MO.

Archived