8th pick in the draft

Rogerthat

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m with you, but if he can play tackle I think he’s a lock top 3 pick. 

Completely agree, but we have seen crazier things. We drafted Long in the 1st and Mills in the 5th, and put the far less athletic Mills at tackle instead of Long. We have 32 GMs and 32 HCs who all are the smartest guys in the room, so they might think about him going there and just pigeon-hole him as only an OG.

EDIT - though this may be overly wishful thinking. lol

Greg Gabriel said on the score he would be surprised if the Bears first pick isnt a tackle.  Keep in mind the draft os 3 1/2 months away and he didnt attach a name thus is just based on his views of what Nagy is looking for and what is already on the roster.  Also expects Bears to look for speed in fa

Andy Reid once famously said "give me a QB, two offensive tackles, two corners and two pass rushers. I'll figure out the rest".

QB - Mitchell Trubisky

LT - Charles Leno

RT - UPGRADE NEEDED

CB1 - Kyle Fuller

CB2 - UPGRADE NEEDED

OLB1 - Leonard Floyd

OLB2 - UPGRADE NEEDED

So, yeah I could see RT being a need, ditto CB2 and OLB 2.

Out of OT, OLB and WR, which position is projecting best in free agency?  I imagine that might dictate how Pace's board gets built a little bit!

My own relatively novice take is that they all kind of thin (hooray!) 

In terms of WR,  my own favorites would be Allen Robinson, Taylor Gabriell, Paul Richardson, and take a chance on Pryor.  No home run options there!

OT, seems like Ja'Wuan James is going to not have his 5th year picked up, plays RT.  Chris Hubbard might be good enough after playing backup. Nate Solder is getting up there, I would rather chance it on a younger player. 

OLB, any of the following fit our defensive scheme? Anyone know what our scheme will be?  BShaw Barrett might make it out of DEN, Hitchens from Dallas, Bradham from Eagles? Remember Barkevious Mingo?

Too bad we're not hunting for a bridge QB this year!  

21 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

As much as I’d like to not like it. If we took Nelson and moved Long to RT again I would understand. 

Given Whitehair's consistency issues snapping to shotgun, I could see a scenario where we go:

LT: Leno

LG: Nelson-Draft

C: FA 1  > FA-OG/C 2

RG: Long/Whitehair

RT: Whitehair/Long  > Massie

Whitehair played LT in college and graded out very well at it, fwiw... Long has the better size for it, but I'm not sure Long in his current condition is really going to be even an upgrade over Massie on the outside.

5 hours ago, Epyon said:

Given Whitehair's consistency issues snapping to shotgun, I could see a scenario where we go:

LT: Leno

LG: Nelson-Draft

C: FA 1  > FA-OG/C 2

RG: Long/Whitehair

RT: Whitehair/Long  > Massie

Whitehair played LT in college and graded out very well at it, fwiw... Long has the better size for it, but I'm not sure Long in his current condition is really going to be even an upgrade over Massie on the outside.

I wouldn't mind Sitton getting a shot at C either. He did well there when he did it in a pinch, with a few months of work he could make the transistion easily IMO

Leno - Long - Sitton - Nelson - Whitehair

or

Leno - Long - Whitehair - Sitton - Nelson

That is a damn good OL either way. I am wondering what Nelson will do at the combine, the mirror drill will be huge to me, as he clearly is more than strong enough to play in the NFL.

What are the odds that we could get a bunch of picks Jacksonville for the #8 overall pick when they are trying to get the last of the good QB's available?  This isn't that unrealistic, and that team is quite literally a QB away.  If they miss out in free agency, they will almost have to do something drastic in the draft.

This would push us to the back half of the first round, but would give us a lot of picks and flexibility in this year and next year's draft.  Would you make the trade?

1 hour ago, bkokot said:

What are the odds that we could get a bunch of picks Jacksonville for the #8 overall pick when they are trying to get the last of the good QB's available?  This isn't that unrealistic, and that team is quite literally a QB away.  If they miss out in free agency, they will almost have to do something drastic in the draft.

This would push us to the back half of the first round, but would give us a lot of picks and flexibility in this year and next year's draft.  Would you make the trade?

So assuming Jacksonville misses on the Kirk Cousins Sweepstakes.

I think they are 26th, so that is a hell of a drop. I'd want a 1st and 2nd this year and a first next year to look at that significant of a drop. If they are balking I might try a 5th round to add for them and maybe haggle up to giving up our later 4th. So my back-pocket limit would be 1(10) and 4(2nd pick of ours) for their 1(26), 2(58), and 2019's 1st.

Last year there was a very similar trade between BUF and KC. KC gave up a 1st this year and next, and a 3rd this year, and gave up the 10th overall.

I think I would prefer to try to trade with BUF if they let Taylor leave. They have two first rounds this year, and I like the prospects enough this year to value two firsts much more now than I can safely say I would next year's class.

9 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I think they are 26th, so that is a hell of a drop. I'd want a 1st and 2nd this year and a first next year to look at that significant of a drop.

I’d want another mid this year too. Open to it though. We aren’t 1 piece away. Multiple 1s is the dream. 

Archived