8th pick in the draft

Rogerthat

Just now, WindyCity said:

No not at all.

I would take Bradley Chubb over Nelson 10/10 times.

I am saying an elite OG is more valuable than an average pass rusher.

Oh okay I was like dude come ON lol

It'll be interesting to see how this all shakes out... brand new set of eyes on our roster so maybe we'll see some of our dudes shift around on the OL.

Just now, G08 said:

Oh okay I was like dude come ON lol

It'll be interesting to see how this all shakes out... brand new set of eyes on our roster so maybe we'll see some of our dudes shift around on the OL.

If Quenton Nelson grades out at 10/10 and Josh Jackson grades out at 7-8/10 I am not sure you are best served on passing on the clearly better player because of positional value.

7 minutes ago, G08 said:

@WindyCity you're not trying to tell me an offensive guard is more important to a football team than a pass rusher, are you?

While i agree with you on positional value, who was more important to the Saints superbowl? Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks or whoever was rushing the passer? I think Jonathan Sullivan was on that team too, but i may be off on years.

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

His defense still sucks.

Scherff is a dominant OG and has 2 Pro Bowl Appearances.

Ranked 20th I believe... wouldn't say it sucks. Cringe to think how bad they'd be without his double digit sacks.

4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

While i agree with you on positional value, who was more important to the Saints superbowl? Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks or whoever was rushing the passer? I think Jonathan Sullivan was on that team too, but i may be off on years.

I think the Bears would be better served with Zack Martin on the team than Anthony Barr or Kyle Fuller.

Those guys play more important position, but they aren't nearly as good of players.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Yeah I don't buy that, man.

Take the best OLmen off an offense and it goes to hell pretty quickly.

If there was an elite CB or pass rush available you should take them, but to pass on a blue chip OG so you can take the 2nd best CB in the draft seems like a way to ensure that you plug a hole, but not that the talent level on your team goes up.

I will tell you why Nelson makes sense for the Bears

1. The Bears OGs are a mess physically and Sitton makes too much money

2. Pace comes from New Orleans were they protect inside out

3. Nagy runs a system where the OL gets NO help and they need to be able to get out in front of screens

4. Heistand knows this kid like he is his son.

5. They have a young QB who needs to take a massive step forward and protection hurt Trubiskly last season.

6. If you run a spread, shotgun, RPO, running attack you need lineman that can win 1 on 1 as you don't have guys in to double team or extra TEs.

I think we can all agree the Bears are best served keeping Trubisky upright, we have more info on Nelson and McGlinchey than any other team in the league.  I mean we dont even need to go to the proday, bc we can just turn to Harry and ask him about the athleticism and strength.  So if Harry says Nelson is worth #8 then im for the move but if we dont take him there i think everybody needs to keep in mind that very well may have been Harry's call too.

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Take the best OLmen off an offense and it goes to hell pretty quickly.

If there was an elite CB or pass rush available you should take them, but to pass on a blue chip OG so you can take the 2nd best CB in the draft seems like a way to ensure that you plug a hole, but not that the talent level on your team goes up.

I will tell you why Nelson makes sense for the Bears

1. The Bears OGs are a mess physically and Sitton makes too much money

2. Pace comes from New Orleans were they protect inside out

3. Nagy runs a system where the OL gets NO help and they need to be able to get out in front of screens

4. Heistand knows this kid like he is his son.

5. They have a young QB who needs to take a massive step forward and protection hurt Trubiskly last season.

6. If you run a spread, shotgun, RPO, running attack you need lineman that can win 1 on 1 as you don't have guys in to double team or extra TEs.

Chiefs left to right:

1st round

Undrafted

6th round

6th round

2nd round (FA addition)

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’d want another mid this year too. Open to it though. We aren’t 1 piece away. Multiple 1s is the dream. 

I'd def try to haggle another mid rounder. But I would be willing to drop it if I could get the deal done. I'd actually like to double my tradebacks.

Trade back to get both of BUF's 1st rounders, and see if CLE wants to move up for anyone. They have been accumulating picks so maybe they are wanting to make a splash and have 2 early 2nds.

Our 1(8) for BUF's 1(21) and 1(22) and a 2019 3rd

Then trade 1(22) to CLE for their 2(1) and 2(3).

That sets us up to have:

1(21)

2(1)

2(3)

2(6)

4(6)

4(15)

5(6)

6(6)

7(6)

Four picks in the top 40, and maybe (unlikely) New England wants a piece so they could be persuaded to part with 1(30-32 IMO) and 2(11) for the other BUF pick, as they might want a QB to groom or a CB to replace Butler when he leaves for FA. I don't want to move myself out of contention for some of the best prospects. but more swings within the first 45 picks is a fantastic move since we have the QB. 

Archived